Working From Home Sucks!!

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
How do you guys feel about the new trend of working from home (for traditional office jobs)?

I personally believe that working from home is pretty bad. I think most people don't do much work at all, and treat it like a vacation. Are people really going to work if no one's watching? I get a little agitated whenever I see any of my coworkers work from home for the day. They like to casually rub it in my face too... Kind of annoying.

During the pandemic I definitely worked from home though, unfortunately. I'm not a big fan of it, as my printer is always tricky to operate, and I typically print most of my emails to make notes and to file them. I like the printer we have in the office, and I can call IT whenever it isn't working.
Quit being a poor, and buy a decent printer.

Reactions: tfwnogf

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
I've been working from home since March 2020. I can only speak for myself in that I do NOT slack off and if anything make extra sure to do my work diligently & on time so that this privilege is not taken from me. I've been lucky not to have too many technical glitches in then time I have been home & I hope I never am forced to go back to office working.

Since I started working from home I've realized 90% of the tedium I associate with working has to do with commuting and being at the workplace, as opposed to coming from the work itself.

No getting up extra early to eat breakfast, shower and put on clean clothes. No lunch box preparation. No boring, soul killing small talk during breaks. I get to just focus on my job and spend the rest of my time as I want. It's amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: PanthersPens62

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad