Post-Game Talk: Woody doesn’t even last NNN

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
It's psychological at this point and they need a new coach ASAP if they want any hope of turning this around. I think the team lacks leadership, is terribly constructed, has mediocre coaching and horrifying goaltending.

This kind of mental collapse has happened too many times in the McDrai era to let those guys off the hook, but you can't really do anything at this point of the season. I'd expect at least one of them to be traded in the offseason though.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
We lost 40 seconds on that PP (waiting to pull the goalie) because McDavid couldn't even make a simple down low pass.

I was no hockey player but can a physical issue cause your passing to get this bad or is it a confidence issue?

Reactions: TheOne and Kerberos

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
Meh, feeling more and more like they’re being exposed a bit…supremely talented, but stuck in their ways as incomplete players with bad habits.
For sure. I think at this point it should be clear to everyone that, after the never-ending string of coaching changes this team has been given, it’s not the coaches who are the issue.

Reactions: McOilers97

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Still don't understand why Oiler forwards can't back check and are always late getting back to the defensive zone.

It doesn't help when your no. 1 D-man loses the puck battle at the opposition blueline to spark the winning goal for the Sharks.

And once again the Oiler goalie is second best on the ice.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
I could honestly see this team winning maybe 10 games in total this season. There is no limit to how embarrassing this team can be. That's what 20 years of fandom has shown me.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Le Havre vs Marseille
    Le Havre vs Marseille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $55.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Lens vs Montpellier
    Lens vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $55.00