Post-Game Talk: Woodcroft + Practice Time = Profit???

How many teeth will McDavid have left by the end of the season?

• Total voters

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Thought it was a solid game last night against an underdog opponent, but an opponent coming in playing well, so considering how we play down to some teams, this was all good. Smitty looked like his old self, very confident in all areas, and not a hint of injury. In all the other games he played (and sucked), you could see he just wasn't himself. #1 thing now is to keep him healthy (somehow), and that could be a big ask.
I thought the team could have been a lot sharper in finishing chances, despite the 6 goals. Lots of 2 on ones that were flat out gassed, and on top of that, Anderson (who usually gives us plenty of problems) made some crazy saves he had no business making. We easily could have hit double figures in this one. So nice to finally have a bit of a blowout to spread the ice time and a chance to breath. Hopefully they can jump on the Devils next and get a similar result before heading to Colorado for a tough one.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Haha @Ginger Papa this meme made me laugh in your GDT.

ZomboMeme 18032022160750.jpg

I fixed it for you, bro.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Not sure if this has already been mentioned but Nurse turning on the jets to catch up on that developing breakaway was really an eye opener! He opened up, wide open for a stretch, and holy crap can he ever fly if he wants to!

I wonder if it's because of his massive ice time that he has decided to reign it in all the time? I wish he would use this extra gear more often because it is spectacular.
I wish he learns how to avoid having to throw on the jets.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Is the Reddit thread less filed with hormone induced PMSing drama queens after every loss?

I went in there a bit during my ‘vacation’. Slightly less. There are one or two over there that rival some over here, though. One of them I had to block as literally every post was nauseatingly awful. At that point, might as well call it quits and find something better to do

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
I went in there a bit during my ‘vacation’. Slightly less. There are one or two over there that rival some over here, though. One of them I had to block as literally every post was nauseatingly awful. At that point, might as well call it quits and find something better to do
Reddit just isn't set up for a good GDT imo. the live feature doesn't work very well, so you're stuck manually refreshing to see new comments or you just see the most upvoted ones, which makes a discussion difficult to have.

I spend a lot of time on reddit, but nothing beats HF for hockey discussion in my experience.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Reddit just isn't set up for a good GDT imo. the live feature doesn't work very well, so you're stuck manually refreshing to see new comments or you just see the most upvoted ones, which makes a discussion difficult to have.

I spend a lot of time on reddit, but nothing beats HF for hockey discussion in my experience.

It took some getting used to, and it was annoying changing the post view to “newest” all the time. Also found that rumours, depth of analysis and such was lacking. It had the usual Reddit pitfalls where it felt like an old school chat room (including the depth of discussion)

Reactions: 3IR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad