Movies: Wonder Woman (2017)

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Info:
BURBANK, Calif.— Principal photography is underway on Warner Bros. Pictures’ Wonder Woman feature film, the highly anticipated action adventure from director Patty Jenkins (“Monster,†AMC’s “The Killingâ€), starring Gal Gadot (the “Fast & Furious†movies) in the role of Diana Prince/Wonder Woman. The character will make her big screen debut this spring in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,†but the new film will mark her first time headlining a feature.

The film also stars Chris Pine (the “Star Trek†films) as Captain Steve Trevor, Robin Wright (“The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,†Netflix’s “House of Cardsâ€), Danny Huston (“Clash of the Titans,†“X-Men Origins: Wolverineâ€), David Thewlis (the “Harry Potter†films, “The Theory of Everythingâ€), Ewen Bremner (“Exodus: Gods and Kings,†“Snowpiercerâ€), Saïd Taghmaoui (“American Hustleâ€), Elena Anaya (“The Skin I Live Inâ€) and Lucy Davis (“Shaun of the Deadâ€).

The film is being produced by Charles Roven, Zack Snyder and Deborah Snyder, with Richard Suckle, Stephen Jones, Wesley Coller, Geoff Johns and Rebecca Roven serving as executive producers.

Joining Jenkins behind the camera are director of photography Matthew Jensen (“Chronicle,†“Fantastic Four,†HBO’s “Game of Thronesâ€), Oscar-nominated production designer Aline Bonetto (“Amélie,†“A Very Long Engagement,†“Panâ€), and Oscar-winning editor Martin Walsh (“Chicago,†“Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit,†“V for Vendettaâ€), and Oscar-winning costume designer Lindy Hemming (“The Dark Knight†trilogy, “Topsy-Turvyâ€).

Principal photography will take place on location in the UK, France and Italy.

Set to open in 2017, the Wonder Woman feature film is based on characters created by William Moulton Marston, appearing in comic books published by DC Entertainment. It will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
First picture released:

CUUgdd8VEAAbmc8.jpg:large

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010

My goodness, this films looks beautiful! And I love what I'm hearing about the story so far! I love it!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Am a big fan of the WWI setting. Its a really under explored part of history, and should prove interesting as there is no clear "bad guy" in this war unlike WWII.

You can do a lot with this.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Looks pretty good but I'm only used to seeing the really tall buff wonderwoman from all the justice league cartoons I used to watch. Seeing a skinny supermodel with a thick accent play the role is kind of strange.
Am a big fan of the WWI setting. Its a really under explored part of history, and should prove interesting as there is no clear "bad guy" in this war unlike WWII.

I think part of it is also that Captain America is the guy that fights the Nazis and they need to differentiate.

Last edited:

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Looks pretty good but I'm only used to seeing the really tall buff wonderwoman I used to see in all the justice league cartoons I used to watch. Seeing a skinny supermodel with a thick accent play the role is kind of strange.
I think part of it is also that Captain America is the guy that fights the Nazis and they need to differentiate.

Realistically speaking, though, a woman with Gadot's physique is the best we could hope for. Especially since she isn't that skinny anyways, she's gained a good amount of weight since her casting. Plus, she is more than a model. I haven't seen enough of her to dislike or like her acting skills, but I'm optimistic, as Affleck spoke highly of her acting ability (she auditioned for the role next to Affleck), and she's won some good roles lately in other films. As for the accent, I actually like that a lot. Wonder Woman isn't American. Gadot's "exotic" appearance and accent are sensible features for Wonder Woman.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Looks pretty good but I'm only used to seeing the really tall buff wonderwoman I used to see in all the justice league cartoons I used to watch. Seeing a skinny supermodel with a thick accent play the role is kind of strange.

Oh definitely, but it puts you in a very interesting place story wise. Its a great benefit to the situation.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London

Agree 100% with this. The setting will provide a lot of storylines for Wonder Woman and we'll get to see some inner conflict. As there is no clear bad guy like you pointed out, I can definitely see Wonder Woman wondering what the hell is with all the fighting?

On Gal Gadot, I have no issues with her being Wonder Woman. If Wonder Woman was real it's not hard to think she'd look similar to Gadot at least.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Agree 100% with this. The setting will provide a lot of storylines for Wonder Woman and we'll get to see some inner conflict. As there is no clear bad guy like you pointed out, I can definitely see Wonder Woman wondering what the hell is with all the fighting?

On Gal Gadot, I have no issues with her being Wonder Woman. If Wonder Woman was real it's not hard to think she'd look similar to Gadot at least.

I think that that's part of the brilliance of using the WW1 setting. The subtle and strange events that led to such a devastating war is the perfect example of what Ares, the god of War orchestrates. His role/casting hasn't been confirmed yet, but surely, he has to be involved somehow.

I'm excited about this film.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Exactly it is perfect. Amazon introduced to man's world when they are brutally killing each other, and there isn't a good enough reason for it. Ton of inner conflict if they are worth protecting or not, and if there is any good in men or if its all just brutality.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Looks pretty good but I'm only used to seeing the really tall buff wonderwoman from all the justice league cartoons I used to watch. Seeing a skinny supermodel with a thick accent play the role is kind of strange.

Not just the cartoons, but the comics too.

I'm still very disappointed with the casting of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. The character is great, and to see a relative scrawny vision of the character on the big screen is/was/continues to be a let-down.

The hope was that she would buff up more, and perhaps there's still time to, but I don't think she will.

They got the gorgeous model and princess part right, but the warrior part in my opinion, is left by the wayside.

As to Blackstar's comment that this is the best we could have hoped for, with respect to her physique, I respectfully disagree. There were other, and in my opinion again, better options available.

We're stuck with her, and that's too bad, for my liking, and I hope it/my displeasure doesn't pull me out of the movie. I'll try to move past it though, since there's nothing one can do at this point. I hope she pulls it off with her acting and delivery. That may help overcome the physical critique that I still carry.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Not just the cartoons, but the comics too.

I'm still very disappointed with the casting of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. The character is great, and to see a relative scrawny vision of the character on the big screen is/was/continues to be a let-down.

The hope was that she would buff up more, and perhaps there's still time to, but I don't think she will.

They got the gorgeous model and princess part right, but the warrior part in my opinion, is left by the wayside.

As to Blackstar's comment that this is the best we could have hoped for, with respect to her physique, I respectfully disagree. There were other, and in my opinion again, better options available.

We're stuck with her, and that's too bad, for my liking, and I hope it/my displeasure doesn't pull me out of the movie. I'll try to move past it though, since there's nothing one can do at this point. I hope she pulls it off with her acting and delivery. That may help overcome the physical critique that I still carry.

Like whom?

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank

I wasn't that excited about Gadot's casting, but PLEASE do not say Gina Carrano or Alexandra Daddario...

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I wasn't that excited about Gadot's casting, but PLEASE do not say Gina Carrano or Alexandra Daddario...
Male superheros get casted for their physique, the last two supermen, Chris Hemsworth.

I think physique should have played a lot bigger part than it ended up playing, whatever your opinion about actresses.

Stunts still look pretty good from the trailer though.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad