Movies: Wonder Woman:1984 : Xmas day release

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
haha...

"I read somewhere on the internet it was bad"

I heard from my father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate who was apart of this supposed focus group that the movie was terrible as well.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
While it was probably a dumb internet rumor, it's not like DC has the greatest track record on quality movies.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
I keep reading how awful it is. Straight to VOD works for me. Hopefully the franchise will die after that.

If you are talking about the reviews I think you are talking about got rumbled shortly after they were released on line. The movie had not been screened for critics yet but several people posted reviews and when asked where and when they saw it, the response was "sorry, industry rules say I can not tell you." but it was the producers of the movie asking the questions. Rotten Tomatoes has no critic reviews. The fan boys who hate any woman led movie is bashing it

archangel2

May 19, 2019

The problem is that the film wasn't done and the key is "reportedly" is the key phrase. There is nothing secret about test screenings. There are sites out there that list the test screens and the dates given in those articles have been disputed by the producers of the movie and the fact that they were shooting scenes in July 2019 tends to hurt how legit those sources are

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The problem is that the film wasn't done and the key is "reportedly" is the key phrase. There is nothing secret about test screenings. There are sites out there that list the test screens and the dates given in those articles have been disputed by the producers of the movie and the fact that they were shooting scenes in July 2019 tends to hurt how legit those sources are
Fair enough.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Caught a bit of the first one on TV the other day so it got me somewhat excited for the sequel. In a perfect world I'd of already seen it .... sigh.

If people say it sucks then who cares, Gal Gadot alone is worth the price of admission.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I've seen way more of the movie in the trailers than I wanted or expected. I'm getting a Spider-Man FFH vibe again, in that I feel the movie has been telegraphed for me.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I honestly don't know when consumer confidence will be high enough to where theaters get mostly filled to have a decent box office. It's not even about the restrictions because once those get lifted, you are still going to have a lot of people not wanting to be in a packed theater.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I honestly don't know when consumer confidence will be high enough to where theaters get mostly filled to have a decent box office. It's not even about the restrictions because once those get lifted, you are still going to have a lot of people not wanting to be in a packed theater.

Tenet is a good example of this.

Theatres are restricted, but based on the numbers we're seeing, even on weekends, there's very few that are running near that restricted capacity. I don't think people are looking at this as an entertainment option at all.

The big question is whether the theatre chains can survive until that confidence comes back. The hope was Tenet would be a success, taking advantage of a couped up demand for a new release, and other studios followed suit. That's not happening now.

I think AMC got a cash infusion from a lender, but it probably was made on the assumption that some level of operation would happen this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad