Post-Game Talk: Won it for Patty Quinn! Leafs beat Caps 6-2

jughead42*

No he said if he didn't get a point, he would have been pointless

Makes no more sense but yeah..that's Jughead for ya

No, I said if Clarkson doesn't make an excellent snipe, Kadri is pointless. I'm saying Clarkson made that goal happen with his shooting, not Kadri making it with the pass. He basically gave it to Clarkson hoping he could do something, and he did. That doesn't make Naz a playmaker and it doesn't mean he's driving the offense. For so long the excuse used for Kadri's poor play has been his poor line mates, so with Clarkson being responsible for another of Kadri's few points this season i find that ironic.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
No, I said if Clarkson doesn't make an excellent snipe, Kadri is pointless. I'm saying Clarkson made that goal happen with his shooting, not Kadri making it with the pass. He basically gave it to Clarkson hoping he could do something, and he did. That doesn't make Naz a playmaker and it doesn't mean he's driving the offense. For so long the excuse used for Kadri's poor play has been his poor line mates, so with Clarkson being responsible for another of Kadri's few points this season i find that ironic.

So Kadri did basically nothing on this goal? Just gave it to Clarkson?

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
So Kadri did basically nothing on this goal? Just gave it to Clarkson?

Yup, he only made a nice move to rush past the defenseman who was covering him, gained the zone and made a beauty drop pass leaving David Clarkson all alone to take an uncontested shot.

The commentator at 00:37 literally says and I quote verbatim here, "and it's Nazem Kadri who makes this play" :laugh:

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Few things to say....

-Wilson is a d-bag
-that ref deserved to be punched on his face. Hey ref karma is a *****
-hey ovi **** YOU
-**** the caps

#LeafsRule*****es

He's a young kid trying to make sure he has a job. Personally I loved his game thought it is exactly what we want Tyler Biggs to play like. Would love him on the leafs.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
I'm saying Clarkson made that goal happen with his shooting, not Kadri making it with the pass. He basically gave it to Clarkson hoping he could do something, and he did. That doesn't make Naz a playmaker and it doesn't mean he's driving the offense.
no setting up plays and giving pucks to people doesnt make you a playmaker

my god

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
He's a young kid trying to make sure he has a job. Personally I loved his game thought it is exactly what we want Tyler Biggs to play like. Would love him on the leafs.

Need that type of player on the leafs so we don't have to see Holzer get punched 6-7 times when hes on the ice

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga

I would be ecstatic to have him on the leafs. Have him flanking Kadri and Komarov, people can't do **** to that line. If he were on the leafs, we would all be praising that beat-down. He's not a straight up goon either, he can be an effective player. I'd give up a gardiner caliber player for him

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Clarkson also has to thank brutal goaltending on Holtby's part there.

The Washington defenseman totally screened his own goalie on that play. I play goalie occasionally and it pisses you off when your player stands directly in your line of sight and stands with his hands out trying to block the shot, instead of closing the gap and pressuring the shot.

Long story short, that was not an easy save to make.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre

can you become a comedian?

Tyler Biggs*

The Leafs won. The Habs and Sens lost. You can't ask for a better night than that as a Leafs fan GLG!

A well earned two by the boys in blue! I hope Komy is ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyler Biggs*

Nice job boys! Good to see a strong start and keep it going. Bozak is on fire lately, makes me happy with all the heat he takes about *not being a number one centre * Keep it going boys!!! Go Leafs Go!!!

Tyler Biggs*

Great game by the Leafers. Not so great for the refs... Was happy to see at least one get punched in the face. Kadri's interference call was a joke. Phaneuf led into Bernier early on... no call. Gardiners stick slashed out of his hands with a golf swing.... no call. Komarov blindsided without the puck... No call. Are you kidding me? Ovi is lucky Leafs don't pack the 4th with goons anymore.

Don't forget the high sticking call on Robidas. OV was so low a "high stick" would've went over his head by about 2 feet.

Tyler Biggs*

It really does amaze me that the Leafs draw such ire from people. They have taken 7 of 8 points and played a solid game last night YET people want to bring up the shots on goal. The power play went 3 for 4 after being 1 for 23 YET people want to bring up the 37 shots allowed. They allowed less than 25 in the previous 3 games and the Caps have players that will shoot from anywhere BUT lets harp on ANY negative we can find.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
well no pre game thread

people make a big deal about buffalo and nashville
but good run before that with the sens and even boston

then following that up with beating THREE "good" teams and even getting a point out of pittsburgh

you can say the Leafs are pretty decent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad