Won a contest...Give me your thoughts on this

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Morning HF,

So I won my way into the Fan appreciation night on Tuesday against the Jets. A couple 100 level tickets(hoping for a parking pass...haha) and I get to take part in the Jersey Off Our Backs lineup! So I get to meet and choose someone's game day day Jersey, now here is my dilemma...I have wanted a Duchene Jersey since the trade...but what if I have the first overall pick...should I just go with the EK jersey as the proper choice or do I pass him over and get the Duchene jersey I have been wanting? They are my 1a and 1b picks so I will make a momentary call if they are unavailable at the time.

I am not 100% on the details if it's anyone in the lineup or select players only or if this is being done off the ice or on the ice in front of everyone in the crowd but I am looking to see who's Jersey you would take home?

Thanks!

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Morning HF,

So I won my way into the Fan appreciation night on Tuesday against the Jets. A couple 100 level tickets(hoping for a parking pass...haha) and I get to take part in the Jersey Off Our Backs lineup! So I get to meet and choose someone's game day day Jersey, now here is my dilemma...I have wanted a Duchene Jersey since the trade...but what if I have the first overall pick...should I just go with the EK jersey as the proper choice or do I pass him over and get the Duchene jersey I have been wanting? They are my 1a and 1b picks so I will make a momentary call if they are unavailable at the time.

I am not 100% on the details if it's anyone in the lineup or select players only or if this is being done off the ice or on the ice in front of everyone in the crowd but I am looking to see who's Jersey you would take home?

Thanks!
Congrats!!!

Personally, I’d take EK. But I’m a bit biased...

If you have to pick from the lineup and EK prefers not to play, then your problem is solved!

Either way, I hope you enjoy your night!

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Congrats!!!

Personally, I’d take EK. But I’m a bit biased...

If you have to pick from the lineup and EK prefers not to play, then your problem is solved!

Either way, I hope you enjoy your night!

Thanks! I am thinking that the EK would just make more sense given its potential to also be a bigger keepsake in the event of how things go this off season with a possible trade? His last home game Jersey.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Thanks! I am thinking that the EK would just make more sense given its potential to also be a bigger keepsake in the event of how things go this off season with a possible trade? His last home game Jersey.

I would go with EK if possible for this reason. If you don’t get him then its no big deal but if you had the option to and don’t you may kick yourself later.
Also congrats on winning the contest!

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Indeed, it’s a good point. I hope it won’t be his last home jersey. But if it’s meant to happen, it would be a huge keepsake.

As much as I like Duchene, in my view, and after the last 8-9 years, EK is the face of the Sens.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Congrats.

I'd go for Karlsson myself, but to make the decision even easier: there's a real possibility that the game against the Jets could be Karlsson's last in a Sens Jersey should he be traded this offseason. Hopefully that isn't the case, but it might be worth considering

Reactions: Boud and CTC

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Congratulations! I'd go for the jersey I wanted most, point blank. If I was REALLY stoked on a Paajarvi jersey, I'd take it before going for the "logical" pick. IMO logic doesn't really play into it if you're not planning on selling.

OTOH, there's no denying the keepsake value of EK's potentially final season jersey.

Reactions: CTC

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
I do not plan on selling it, I have been a big fan for the last 16 years and given like starling and most of you had said...it would have to be EK, just too many factors...here's hoping! And thanks all for the congrats!

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Congrats.

I'd go for Karlsson myself, but to make the decision even easier: there's a real possibility that the game against the Jets could be Karlsson's last in a Sens Jersey should he be traded this offseason. Hopefully that isn't the case, but it might be worth considering

This . Then sell the jersey for a Kings ransom in 20 years once EK has been inducted into the HHOF

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Morning HF,

Thanks!

As a longtime season seat holder im curious how you got selected for this? I always kind of thought they went with high value season seat holders and then made a pool of those with tickets actually scanned for the last game and then drew from that list, any light you can shed on the process would be of interest to me. Always thought that would be super cool to do and wondered if it was seniority etc...same goes for the rest of the giveaways, I wonder if they are selected ahead of time?

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
As a longtime season seat holder im curious how you got selected for this? I always kind of thought they went with high value season seat holders and then made a pool of those with tickets actually scanned for the last game and then drew from that list, any light you can shed on the process would be of interest to me. Always thought that would be super cool to do and wondered if it was seniority etc...same goes for the rest of the giveaways, I wonder if they are selected ahead of time?
This year at least they're doing different contests on their twitter for four different spots in the giveaway. I'm assuming that CTC won the spot that they were giving away yesterday.
IDK how they select the other 16 spots, random seat draw, preference to ssh or what

CTC

Oct 9, 2014

Nothing to do with seniority or STH, quite honestly all I did was reply with a hashtag back at the Sens on twitter and mine was chosen. Got in contact with me/them and filled out the waiver/skill testing question and made sure I fell within the eligibility requirements. They have it on Twitter and Facebook for the #SensSaythanks contest leading up to tuesday's game.
Blind luck was with me.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad