Won a contest...Give me your thoughts on this

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Nothing to do with seniority or STH, quite honestly all I did was reply with a hashtag back at the Sens on twitter and mine was chosen. Got in contact with me/them and filled out the waiver/skill testing question and made sure I fell within the eligibility requirements. They have it on Twitter and Facebook for the #SensSaythanks contest leading up to tuesday's game.
Blind luck was with me.

Congrats should be a good time, I will be at the game but likely not on the ice, just checked it out, beside myself how I missed this contest, thanks for putting me onto it! Looks like they just drew 1 person for the jersey thing, I imagine most of the other jersey recipients will be season seat holders.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Congrats should be a good time, I will be at the game but likely not on the ice, just checked it out, beside myself how I missed this contest, thanks for putting me onto it! Looks like they just drew 1 person for the jersey thing, I imagine most of the other jersey recipients will be season seat holders.
There will be 3 other giveaways for spots in the jersey giveaway. Fan Appreciation Night

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I guess another route is to think about long-term jersey ownership.

Karlsson is great, but lets be honest he plays a shitload of minutes, which means he sweats a lot and those enzymes will stain and break down the fabric. If we are talking just about owning a piece of clothing here, get yourself a 4th liner.

Someone like Gaborik would be great, he doesn't have anything to prove so its not like hes getting that nice shirt of yours dirty in the corners, or blocking shots or anything like that

Karlsson would be like buying a rental car

CTC

Oct 9, 2014

Karlsson is great, but lets be honest he plays a ****load of minutes, which means he sweats a lot and those enzymes will stain and break down the fabric. If we are talking just about owning a piece of clothing here, get yourself a 4th liner.

Someone like Gaborik would be great, he doesn't have anything to prove so its not like hes getting that nice shirt of yours dirty in the corners, or blocking shots or anything like that

:laugh:o_O

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018

Karlsson is great, but lets be honest he plays a ****load of minutes, which means he sweats a lot and those enzymes will stain and break down the fabric. If we are talking just about owning a piece of clothing here, get yourself a 4th liner.

lol

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If you're not intending to sell it, just take whoever you want the most.

I will say, it's possible it'll be Karlsson's last home jersey, in which case maybe you'd regret passing on it considering Karlsson is (and probably will be for a long while unless we get really lucky...) the best Senator of all time.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Wow, what a score...congrats, this will be something to remember. Ek first, Stone and then Duch

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
As a longtime season seat holder im curious how you got selected for this? I always kind of thought they went with high value season seat holders and then made a pool of those with tickets actually scanned for the last game and then drew from that list, any light you can shed on the process would be of interest to me. Always thought that would be super cool to do and wondered if it was seniority etc...same goes for the rest of the giveaways, I wonder if they are selected ahead of time?

Click on Rules and Regulations
Fan Appreciation Night

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
Echo the sentiments of a Karlsson jersey. Already the best player in this franchise’s history... carried this team on his back until his Achilles and feet gave out. You can’t say that about Duchene

MeanJoeGreene

Dec 11, 2006
Don't want to let some air out your balloon but I do not think you will be getting a "game used jersey." I've been at many fan appreciation nights and the players all leave the ice at the end of the game while the winning fans are brought out and lined up in their proper order. The players are brought out one at a time and go to the fan who is holding their number. You can tell the players have taken off their jerseys and removed their shoulder pads.

1) It would not be very pleasant to pass a fan a sweaty jersey.
2)They use 2-3 home jerseys per year which usually end up for sale by the team.
3)If you receive a pristine dry jersey that isn't beat up with repairs / scuffs then you are getting a new jersey that was put on after they took of their game jersey. I have game used jerseys and they are all beat up (the more the better).

I would also think that the choice of player is more likely a random draw as opposed to a draft unless they definitely told you that you could choose your specific player.

I hope I am wrong for your sake and you do get a game used jersey as they do have value. Still a great souvenir and chance to meet a player even if it turns out to not be a game used jersey.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Don't want to let some air out your balloon but I do not think you will be getting a "game used jersey." I've been at many fan appreciation nights and the players all leave the ice at the end of the game while the winning fans are brought out and lined up in their proper order. The players are brought out one at a time and go to the fan who is holding their number. You can tell the players have taken off their jerseys and removed their shoulder pads.

1) It would not be very pleasant to pass a fan a sweaty jersey.
2)They use 2-3 home jerseys per year which usually end up for sale by the team.
3)If you receive a pristine dry jersey that isn't beat up with repairs / scuffs then you are getting a new jersey that was put on after they took of their game jersey. I have game used jerseys and they are all beat up (the more the better).

I would also think that the choice of player is more likely a random draw as opposed to a draft unless they definitely told you that you could choose your specific player.

I hope I am wrong for your sake and you do get a game used jersey as they do have value. Still a great souvenir and chance to meet a player even if it turns out to not be a game used jersey.

A game used jersey doesn’t necessarily mean that same game day. That would stink to hell!

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
So that was pretty cool, too bad we lost but still a great fan experience. So it was all luck of the draw, once we were all signed in they came around with a covered box and you drew a stick that had a players paper cutout jersey on it. I ended up with Pageau, I'm on the Qc side so I am still pretty pumped about it. The other thing that I can confirm too...these are the actual game jerseys from the jets game...it reaks! Lol. So that little girl who got the EK jersey actually got the game worn jersey.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
So that was pretty cool, too bad we lost but still a great fan experience. So it was all luck of the draw, once we were all signed in they came around with a covered box and you drew a stick that had a players paper cutout jersey on it. I ended up with Pageau, I'm on the Qc side so I am still pretty pumped about it. The other thing that I can confirm too...these are the actual game jerseys from the jets game...it reaks! Lol. So that little girl who got the EK jersey actually got the game worn jersey.

Can't go wrong with a Pageau jersey.

It's also possible that they wore multiple jerseys during the game. As in, 1 each period.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
29790007_10156194770554477_2241642244366599070_n.jpg

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->