GDT: Women's Hockey - China-USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrad

Dec 30, 2009
Wow I missed this game, if anyone knows where to find highlights of it then link me please.

And not NBCOlympics.com, they don't let non-USA people watch their videos :facepalm:

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Oh my god, China scored a goal against effing USA! :handclap:

Oh my god, China could actually play the game! :handclap:

Oh my god, the Chinese goalies save% was over 80! :handclap:

Oh my god, I watched whole game of womens hockey! ...

potatoetree

Jan 17, 2010
china wasn't half bad :)

women's hockey shall get more interesting as other country's women's programs catch up

the_speedster

Jul 7, 2007
the chinese girls could skate pretty well... nowhere near as strong as the americans though... and their ability to read and predict was a definate disadvantage... kudos to their team spirit ... that defender throwing herself infront of the net to protect yet another goal, for sure, shows the olympic, never say die spirit:handclap:

one of the true sad facts I heard was that out of a country of billions,... where there're more people with internet access than there are people IN america ALTOGETHER,....

there're less than 200 registered women hockey players:shakehead

for shame, supreme leader, or whatever the idiots who run the government call themselves... those girls did more to show a good image of your country than the 1000's of lead posioned toys at walmart... you could at least throw a million or so at their program:shakehead

oh... and did you check out that last goal by MY julie chu????:handclap: Swear I embarassed my niece by throwing pillows around the living room! :laugh:

GreenManalishi

Jan 3, 2010
Vancouver
the chinese girls could skate pretty well... nowhere near as strong as the americans though... and their ability to read and predict was a definate disadvantage... kudos to their team spirit ... that defender throwing herself infront of the net to protect yet another goal, for sure, shows the olympic, never say die spirit:handclap:

one of the true sad facts I heard was that out of a country of billions,... where there're more people with internet access than there are people IN america ALTOGETHER,....

there're less than 200 registered women hockey players:shakehead

for shame, supreme leader, or whatever the idiots who run the government call themselves... those girls did more to show a good image of your country than the 1000's of lead posioned toys at walmart... you could at least throw a million or so at their program:shakehead

oh... and did you check out that last goal by MY julie chu????:handclap: Swear I embarassed my niece by throwing pillows around the living room! :laugh:

Hu Jintao is the Chairman of the CCP, and President of the PRC. If you could see what he does/says, you might think he is an honest man trying to make decisions with his people in mind. I wouldn't call him an idiot, and I think he is trying to make the best of a bad situation in regards to the political climate in China.

I don't see how corporations in Guangdong making toys covered in lead based paint is relevant to the amount of financial support the Chinese government gives to its women hockey players. I can assure you, there is a great deal more then a million dollars being thrown at their womens hockey program, there are hundreds of arenas being constructed across China. I actually had a small rink right next to my apartment in Shanghai, and there was a local team of youngsters practicing there in the mornings. It just takes time to develop a sport as technical as hockey, and China has only been open to the rest of the world for 32 years. I applaud them for the strides they have made in sports, and am greatly impressed with their 1 - 11 showing against the USA.

I was more impressed with those Chinese girls then I was with the Slovaks yesterday against Canada.

FuriousGump

Jun 20, 2007
Stewart, BC
one of the true sad facts I heard was that out of a country of billions...there're less than 200 registered women hockey players:shakehead

The thing with the Chinese winter olympic team is that its not really the whole of China. Mostly the athletes are from "Dongbei" the Northeast of China that people know as Manchuria. The hockey team is more of a Team Harbin than a Team China.

Also, this area is neither the most populated area or the richest area of China (most of the money is in the big cities and the provinces surrounding Shanghai.

The whole “...out of the billions of Chinese..." statement brings to mind hordes of people lining up to play sports. The sad reality of it is that most of those billions don't have the money for proper education or a standard of living above what we; from the affluent west; consider the "poverty line" let alone sports.

Anyways, on the point of the game. China was proud of their girls today. The game was shown during primetime on the lead national station CCTV1 and the sports channel CCTV5. Small steps right. That one goal was huge.

Edit: Just watched a show on the evening oympics update here and it was about the game and Chinese people were amazed and very impressed with the support the spectators gave the team during the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad