GDT: Women's Hockey - China-USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm impressed with China so far. They can actually skate compared to Slovakia. I was expecting a blood bath much like yesterday's game.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I'm impressed with China so far. They can actually skate compared to Slovakia. I was expecting a blood bath much like yesterday's game.

Same. They're better then I thought they would be. Their d-men are just getting blown by the US forwards like pylons though.

Nice goal by USA there. PP for them.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
BTW, I'm sure this has been asked many times, but how has China ended up with the traditional hockey countries, for now the 4th time in the Olympics? The others I get, even Kazakhstan in the past, but China's men's program is completely off the radar. Is this just a benefit of China being able to keep up with other countries being the infancy of the sport for women? Or in 10 years should I expect other nations to surpass them?

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
Only 1-0 so far, but USA is "Sedining" China, cycling the puck the puck around the offense zone a lot, and really dominating the game.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Prediction: The US will win by under 10 goals.

Is there a site that you could watch the game?

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
BTW, I'm sure this has been asked many times, but how has China ended up with the traditional hockey countries, for now the 4th time in the Olympics? The others I get, even Kazakhstan in the past, but China's men's program is completely off the radar. Is this just a benefit of China being able to keep up with other countries being the infancy of the sport for women? Or in 10 years should I expect other nations to surpass them?

I think that has a lot to do with it. Hell, that probably has a lot to do with the US Women's team having so much more success than the US Men's team--very few countries put the resources into Women's hockey at the beginning. Now as the European countries started to catch up, China has fallen off--they used to be a top 5 country, now they're closer to #10.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Only 1-0 so far, but USA is "Sedining" China, cycling the puck the puck around the offense zone a lot, and really dominating the game.

Jinxed.

That goal reminds me of the Sweden game yesterday. Just leaving the opposition all alone in front.

China hasn't been as bad as I thought they would be, but their defense is just getting destroyed. Letting US forwards go wherever they want.

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I like how the USA is going about this game. They know they are much better than China but they aren't rubbing it in their faces by scoring at will. They are moving the puck around the offensive zone before they shoot.

Coloradorov

Oct 7, 2009
Denver
China's D will be tired as all get out in the third if the US pressure keeps up in their zone like this all game.

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
Jinxed.

That goal reminds me of the Sweden game yesterday. Just leaving the opposition all alone in front.

China hasn't been as bad as I thought they would be, but their defense is just getting destroyed. Letting US forwards go wherever they want.

Haha I know, just after I posted that, USA scored. I was just hoping they didn't score while I was typing it so I didn't look like an idiot :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad