Women in EA NHL

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'm sure OP is enraged every year when they give 90+ overall cards to junior players who won't even become NHLers.

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
Women have rarely held any spotlight in hockey. This is a chance to learn the names of the some of the best female athletes and appreciate them for their talent. It’s not about belittling men or making a political statement - it’s a video game celebrating hockey and encouraging the idea that the game is for everyone. Unless these basic ideas are considered woke, which is bad somehow?

It’s supposed to be fun, and if you’re not having fun do something else.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Women have rarely held any spotlight in hockey. This is a chance to learn the names of the some of the best female athletes and appreciate them for their talent. It’s not about belittling men or making a political statement - it’s a video game celebrating hockey and encouraging the idea that the game is for everyone. Unless these basic ideas are considered woke, which is bad somehow?

It’s supposed to be fun, and if you’re not having fun do something else.

I find the idea of this thread absursb but EA NHL isnt made to "celebrate hockey" lol (maybe it was at one point?)

Its made to make money... the company probably assumes/calculated that adding female hockey players in the mix would appeal to a greater audience and improve their sales.

On a side note, its a crazy cheap way to increase sales compared to actually improving the game.

But yeah, being bothered by it hecause its "not realistic" is ridiculous

Reactions: Summer Rose

Joey Banana

Mar 9, 2012
The biggest L about women in NHL 23 is that I can't use them in Franchise mode.

Yeah, you can create Joe/Josefine Schmo or edit a 60 something euro leaguer's ratings and make them outscore McDavid but adding female pros is somehow not allowed lol.

I always enjoyed making a custom nation's league in season mode, can't do that with the women's teams either.

At least they're in HUT, FIFA doesn't even have that. It's really silly.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I find the idea of this thread absursb but EA NHL isnt made to "celebrate hockey" lol (maybe it was at one point?)

Its made to make money... the company probably assumes/calculated that adding female hockey players in the mix would appeal to a greater audience and improve their sales.

On a side note, its a crazy cheap way to increase sales compared to actually improving the game.

But yeah, being bothered by it hecause its "not realistic" is ridiculous
Not to mention how much cheaper female players are then men in this game. I think size affects things in the game (in goal for instance), but otherwise they seem fine. I thought they would be the equivalent of a small player, but htey seem to hold their own. Poulin is my best scorer this year so far.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
If women have to be in NHL, why are their ratings higher than early to mid 20s? And even that might be unrealistic, seeing the huge gap between men and women.

I don't play a lot of HUT, but lost ALL interest in it after watching females with way better ratings than male regular NHL:ers.

All sense of realism is gone.
L for the misogyny. Double L for letting EA scam you with HUT.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
I remember years ago I was playing Be A Pro and just racking up hundreds of points, as one does, until I played the Islanders and got completely stonewalled. Goalie was unreal. Time comes for the three stars of the game and I wanted to see this jerk because I was like "Who the hell is Ladha?" and out lumbers this 6'6" monster with the head and face of a tiny little girl. Turns out she was the kid of someone who made a donation to a charity or something to get into the game but it was equal parts infuriating and jarring to be shut out by Sabrina Ladha every time I had to play the Islanders.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
I remember years ago I was playing Be A Pro and just racking up hundreds of points, as one does, until I played the Islanders and got completely stonewalled. Goalie was unreal. Time comes for the three stars of the game and I wanted to see this jerk because I was like "Who the hell is Ladha?" and out lumbers this 6'6" monster with the head and face of a tiny little girl. Turns out she was the kid of someone who made a donation to a charity or something to get into the game but it was equal parts infuriating and jarring to be shut out by Sabrina Ladha every time I had to play the Islanders.
Ah NHL 09, before people invented the word woke and you could set her ratings to minimum and go on with your life because it is completely irrelevant.

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
A fan did take the time to create a custom roster with the teams & players of the Premier Hockey Federation. They did a damned good job too, all things considered.

I'm hoping to see these actual teams in EA's hockey product sooner rather than later (and I hope they call me to record the in-arena announcements).

Gaud

May 11, 2017
If women have to be in NHL, why are their ratings higher than early to mid 20s? And even that might be unrealistic, seeing the huge gap between men and women.

I don't play a lot of HUT, but lost ALL interest in it after watching females with way better ratings than male regular NHL:ers.

All sense of realism is gone.
That is a weird take IMO, as there are plenty of junior or players from lesser leagues that end up with bigger cards than proven nhlers - the goal is to promote hockey as a whole.

Also, i find it gives an opportunity as if i want a 85 crosby right now, ill pay something liek 45k to get it. Got poulin at 85 for 15 k and the card plays fine. I get some players i like just to "have em" on my team, but since the cards are there, i use them. Having said that - my lady goalie is horrid!! is size still a thing with goalies?

AmabileCassarole

Nov 4, 2023
Lol you lot are still paying for this garbage game?

That's what's funny.

"This woke shit" is the problem when the OP's literally paying for shit that even the worst Madden is leaps and bounds ahead of.

This reeks of the same energy Madden "critics" have when they whine about how "it's the only football game on the market" despite buying it every single year.

Most people and their mamas know the differences between men's and women's hockey, this isn't some great epiphany you're having lol

The fact that you are whining about women ratings in video games (ignoring other unrealistic stuff in the games) and trying to make this a culture war thing online, just shows the sad state of so called masculinity today

as I said dude be a real man, get off the video games and internet while you're at it, maybe find a woman too lol?

What's funny about the "culture war" is that whoever's unironically involved in it just screams peaked in high school. We have an entire generation or so of people who literally grew up flabbergasted that their high school lives weren't like those in the movies and on TV and they're raging hard. That's why you hear "Chad," "Stacy," "Becky," and the like in their vernacular. That's why glorified kids toys (oops, I mean video games) are such a hot topic issue to them.

And for whining about women so much, has anyone noticed they exude real "not like the other girls" energy when compared to other men? Surprised the OP hasn't called someone here a soyboy beta cuck yet.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That's what's funny.

"This woke shit" is the problem when the OP's literally paying for shit that even the worst Madden is leaps and bounds ahead of.

This reeks of the same energy Madden "critics" have when they whine about how "it's the only football game on the market" despite buying it every single year.

What's funny about the "culture war" is that whoever's unironically involved in it just screams peaked in high school. We have an entire generation or so of people who literally grew up flabbergasted that their high school lives weren't like those in the movies and on TV and they're raging hard. That's why you hear "Chad," "Stacy," "Becky," and the like in their vernacular. That's why glorified kids toys (oops, I mean video games) are such a hot topic issue to them.

And for whining about women so much, has anyone noticed they exude real "not like the other girls" energy when compared to other men? Surprised the OP hasn't called someone here a soyboy beta cuck yet.
Woke shit?

Women in the game is whatever. There are women in management roles in the NHL finally (funny enough, more women in those roles than any reprentation for poc) and adding the women leagues in the game isn't a problem.

If your anger isn't towards why this game has been utter shit for 20yrs then the problem is the consumers that keep buying mediocre shit and then complaining about the wrong parts of the game.

The game play is putrid
The graphics are putrid
The music is just flat out disgusting
The entire splash page etc is just dated bs.
The entire game is just flat out boring.

To me, sports games should never ever f***ing be annual. It should be 1 game every 5yrs+ with multiple updates for game play and graphic tweaks like GTA, Halo, etc where you get updates, game adds on new stuff and fixes other shit.

EA instead sells consumers the same game with minor tweaks at full msrp. I think the biggest chumps in video gaming are the ones paying for EA every year. This game does not deserve the sales it gets its been trash for a long time. I mean how much fun can it be with minor tweaks playing the same thing over and over when really all you ever need are roster updates.

Even the logos are crap in the game for new teams. They can't even functionally add the logo/graphics creator the way Forza does. The entire game is made by a smooth brained wanker with zero vision. The next biggest draw EA will sell idiots on is - "Hey fans, that sexually assault hiding original six team undeservedly landed Bedard and we added him for you to trade to your team because haha what self respecting person is a Hawks fan right guys? Just turn down the trade setting difficulties and enjoy playing Bedard!"

EA CEO "OK let's make the new NHL25, throw the current 'IT' player on the cover, add some top 40 music thats cheap to buy licensing for, let's find that NHL17 file and just redo a few things like we always do, charge them $79.99"...

Go play a sports game not made by the NHL and compare what works and doesn't and look at their previous games.

Reactions: DeathSniper

AmabileCassarole

Nov 4, 2023
Woke shit?

Women in the game is whatever. There are women in management roles in the NHL finally (funny enough, more women in those roles than any reprentation for poc) and adding the women leagues in the game isn't a problem.

If your anger isn't towards why this game has been utter shit for 20yrs then the problem is the consumers that keep buying mediocre shit and then complaining about the wrong parts of the game.

The game play is putrid
The graphics are putrid
The music is just flat out disgusting
The entire splash page etc is just dated bs.
The entire game is just flat out boring.

To me, sports games should never ever f***ing be annual. It should be 1 game every 5yrs+ with multiple updates for game play and graphic tweaks like GTA, Halo, etc where you get updates, game adds on new stuff and fixes other shit.

EA instead sells consumers the same game with minor tweaks at full msrp. I think the biggest chumps in video gaming are the ones paying for EA every year. This game does not deserve the sales it gets its been trash for a long time. I mean how much fun can it be with minor tweaks playing the same thing over and over when really all you ever need are roster updates.

Even the logos are crap in the game for new teams. They can't even functionally add the logo/graphics creator the way Forza does. The entire game is made by a smooth brained wanker with zero vision. The next biggest draw EA will sell idiots on is - "Hey fans, that sexually assault hiding original six team undeservedly landed Bedard and we added him for you to trade to your team because haha what self respecting person is a Hawks fan right guys? Just turn down the trade setting difficulties and enjoy playing Bedard!"

EA CEO "OK let's make the new NHL25, throw the current 'IT' player on the cover, add some top 40 music thats cheap to buy licensing for, let's find that NHL17 file and just redo a few things like we always do, charge them $79.99"...

Go play a sports game not made by the NHL and compare what works and doesn't and look at their previous games.

This is exactly what I'm saying.

The OP is crying about "woke shit" when there is so much else more deserving of one's ire. Hell, remember when NHL 99 had an expansion draft mode? And then it took them over a decade to bring it back as a "new feature"?

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
My opinion is that HUT etc would be dreadfully boring if it was just the same top NHL players with good cards year after year. Realism is already broken- with good reason- with other cards, who cares if women are in there too with high ratings?

I'm over ultimate team in general but the original one was in FIFA where it works great because there are so many leagues around the world with quality players. In Madden or MLB for example it's dreadfully boring because there just aren't players around the world to choose from so it's the same players over and over. NHL wouldn't be far off that if they stuck to "realistic" ratings.

Reactions: Realgud

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
They might as well just call it EA Hockey at this point. Euro leagues, women's Olympic players..next will be my kid's bantam team included in the game 🤣

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad