Women in EA NHL

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If women have to be in NHL, why are their ratings higher than early to mid 20s? And even that might be unrealistic, seeing the huge gap between men and women.

I don't play a lot of HUT, but lost ALL interest in it after watching females with way better ratings than male regular NHL:ers.

All sense of realism is gone.
If you're playing HUT for realism, I don't know what to tell you. There are guys long retired on those rosters. It's the video gamiest mode in the entire game. And the sweatiest players can beat your star studded team with a roster full of junior players.

There's a lot to complain about with '23. But this ain't it.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
If you're playing HUT for realism, I don't know what to tell you. There are guys long retired on those rosters. It's the video gamiest mode in the entire game. And the sweatiest players can beat your star studded team with a roster full of junior players.

There's a lot to complain about with '23. But this ain't it.
That's irrelevant, and you know it.

Ratings are viewed as super important for the men, and there are even reaction videos created when a man's rating changes one digit after an update.

Then suddenly women, who geg crushed by 14 year old boys, have higher ratings than NHL players.

Thos woke shit is ruining both EA FIFA and NHL.

King Karl

five-year run of unparalleled suffering
Mar 18, 2014
Halifax, NS

Ratings are viewed as super important for the men, and there are even reaction videos created when a man's rating changes one digit after an update.

Then suddenly women, who geg crushed by 14 year old boys, have higher ratings than NHL players.

No they aren't lmao. The ratings mean absolutely nothing.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Im not a fan of them or other leauges being in HUT. Id rather that mode only be NHL players cuz realistically other cards from different leauges should suck in it compared to NHL players. But they dont. Doesnt make sense to have em as good as NHL players

Not a big deal tho. Just a harsh nitpick

Mar 12, 2009

EA already ruined it when they got a monopoly on NHL games, complaining is your hobby though and you need a new angle to complain about an old disappointment. I'm not sure I trust your analysis when this post has sub-grade-school level writing.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
EA already ruined it when they got a monopoly on NHL games, complaining is your hobby though and you need a new angle to complain about an old disappointment. I'm not sure I trust your analysis when this post has sub-grade-school level writing.
Thank you for your totally pointless contribution.😆

Starts off with complaining, then goes on to belittle someone else for complaining. That's about as dumb as it gets.🤣

English isn't even my first language, but I'll bite. What was wrong with my "writing"? I bet you're incredibly fun to bring to parties, being so full of yourself.🙈

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
If women have to be in NHL, why are their ratings higher than early to mid 20s? And even that might be unrealistic, seeing the huge gap between men and women.

I don't play a lot of HUT, but lost ALL interest in it after watching females with way better ratings than male regular NHL:ers.

What a very odd thing to be worked up about.

There would be zero purpose in having them in the game if they had stats so low that they were un-usable.

The fact that you're looking for a "sense of realism" in this game, especially the digital trading card game HUT, is going to leave you inevitably let down.

Reactions: Deas

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It's a little absurd sure, but it's also absurd to be angry over it. You can't have them at a realistic OVR because they'd be useless cards. As it stands now in HUT they're usually very fast/quick players so they have a lot of use. However as we get into March and the meta changes from speed to size they'll be completely useless.

I wish they weren't included as one of the 4 MSP's released on a weekly basis however. I have little to no interest in playing with them so it feels like the MSP options get limited by one every week.

Reactions: kevistar
Sep 19, 2008
As someone pointed out the op legends cards and superstar totw 99 ovr cards exist too. It's a game

Reactions: ujju2

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

I assume you have similar posts in other years about men in their 70's and 80's - or even dead - that are rated 92, right?

Or is this issue strangely not a problem for you until it's a woman?

Deas

Feb 3, 2017
Then you clearly don't play the game.

Even the players themselves are annoyed when they are given a lower rating than they think they deserve.
So you chose to respond to this post but not the two above which made relevant points. Why is that?

So, why would EA add unplayable players?

Also, ratings are based on how much of a star a player is vs their own competition. So the best female player is a 95 or whatever (I haven't played the games in a few years now). And yes of course a reply to this could be that it's unrealistic that said player keeps her 95 rating when playing vs men, but this is, you know, a video game. Why does this bother you? Could there be some other, underlying reason?

Last edited:
Reactions: WeThreeKings

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
So you chose to respond to this post but not the two above which made relevant points. Why is that?

So, why would EA add unplayable players?

Also, ratings are based on how much of a star a player is vs their own competition. So the best female player is a 95 or whatever (I haven't played the games in a few years now). And yes of course a reply to this could be that it's unrealistic that said player keeps her 95 rating when playing vs men, but this is, you know, a video game. Why does this bother you? Could there be some other, underlying reason?
That simply incorrect since women aren't just playing vs other women, they are competing vs men in EA NHL.

The worst male player included in EA NHL is lightyears better than the best female IRL, despite the man having a rating of 60 and the woman 95.

It makes zero sense to pitch men vs women, when men are so clearly superior.
I assume you have similar posts in other years about men in their 70's and 80's - or even dead - that are rated 92, right?

Or is this issue strangely not a problem for you until it's a woman?
It's almost equally ridiculous, but those players were once great, while women havf never been.

Reactions: M88K

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I am truly embarrassed for you.
He's not wrong though.
The best women teams lose to high school kids, and the best woman player wouldn't be good enough for the ECHL even, it's a weird thing to get worked up about in a video game, and it's not like EA does a good job rating even the real NHL players either. It's not like it's a "simulation" game as much as EA tries to use that moniker, it's an arcade game, and ratings of players/non players is near the bottom of problems that need to be addressed

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey

3UEJEHr.png

This is definitely a you problem. They're trying to grow the women's game, and that's great. HUT is an extremely unrealistic, pay to win mode, which is what should turn you off from it, not having like one single woman on your 4th line because she's fast. There are like 2-3 cards in the game that are even any good, and they'll be unusable soon because of their size as the bigger players catch up in speed.

If you don't like what they're doing, vote with your dollars and don't buy the game anymore. I might be done with the game because it's a buggy mess that never should have been released in this state.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad