Wolski charged with assault....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend*

Still... nobody has answered my question.

Put yourself in Wojtek's situation.

Some drunken idiot *shoves* your girl down the stairs of a porch, sending her tumbling to the ground. You wouldn't go nuts?

Dr_Chimera*

Frankly, it's kind of wrong to even take sides here.

Guys fight all the time and back in the good ol' days - two guys beat the crap out of each other and that was it. A lot of the times, they even respected each other afterwards.

Now, someone has to sue someone else. It's a friggin' fight and I'm sure that the other party is able-bodied and is capable of defending himself (I don't think he was a senior citizen).

So, fight and shut up. Obviously he's taking advantage of the fact that other guy is a hockey player.

Unless the other people that started roughing up that guy are Wolski's carefully instructed posse (which I doubt), then it's all fair game.

Sammy*

Alfredo_Garcia said:
If I was his father I'd say a lot of things if there was an opportunity to shake up Wolski of some of his future earnings as a result of this.

Maybe even fake an injury or something.
No doubt. And if I were Wolski, his family or one of his fanboys I would say he didnt do anything wrong cause I am his Dad or one of his friends & dont want to screw up Wolskis future earnings.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
I thought it was interesting when it said the Wolski was concerned how this could effect his hockey career, but it never mentioned him being concerned about the guy in the hospital.

dunwoody_joe

Mar 16, 2002
atlanta
Visit site
It won't be hard to figure out who did what to whom. I'll bet the police already know since Wolski was charged. There were plenty of witnesses at that party.

Under what scenario is it "alright" for 10-12 guys to kick the s-it out of someone. "I know Wolski and he couldn't do this" is a crock of nonsense. "It's not in his nature to fight," says his coach--unless he's at a party and has 10 buddies around to beat the daylights out of someone? Never seen that on the ice--wonder why that is? :dunno:

OK, so he'll still be drafted highly and in some perverse way this may be seen as showing what a tough guy he is. On the other hand, you just have to wonder about the risk/reward of drafting this kid highly. If character is an important issue for a GM, then I see several passing on Wolski. In my mind, I can see him dropping in the draft.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
This is a very interesting situation.

I have no comments on if he did it or was justified, but it will be intriguing to watch if this effects his draft position or not.

Dr_Chimera*

dunwoody_joe said:
It won't be hard to figure out who did what to whom. I'll bet the police already know since Wolski was charged. There were plenty of witnesses at that party.

Under what scenario is it "alright" for 10-12 guys to kick the s-it out of someone. "I know Wolski and he couldn't do this" is a crock of nonsense. "It's not in his nature to fight," says his coach--unless he's at a party and has 10 buddies around to beat the daylights out of someone? Never seen that on the ice--wonder why that is? :dunno:

OK, so he'll still be drafted highly and in some perverse way this may be seen as showing what a tough guy he is. On the other hand, you just have to wonder about the risk/reward of drafting this kid highly. If character is an important issue for a GM, then I see several passing on Wolski. In my mind, I can see him dropping in the draft.

Who said they're his buddies?

Get your facts straight.

Dr_Chimera*

Mountie said:
This is a very interesting situation.

I have no comments on if he did it or was justified, but it will be intriguing to watch if this effects his draft position or not.

It won't - he'll go 14-20 or so as expected.

I think, in fact, many scouts will be relieved that Wolski is showing some life - at times I wasn't sure he was alive this season.

jt2004

Apr 18, 2004
Alfredo_Garcia said:
Frankly, it's kind of wrong to even take sides here.

Guys fight all the time and back in the good ol' days - two guys beat the crap out of each other and that was it. A lot of the times, they even respected each other afterwards.

Now, someone has to sue someone else. It's a friggin' fight and I'm sure that the other party is able-bodied and is capable of defending himself (I don't think he was a senior citizen).

So, fight and shut up. Obviously he's taking advantage of the fact that other guy is a hockey player.

Unless the other people that started roughing up that guy are Wolski's carefully instructed posse (which I doubt), then it's all fair game.

I have yet to meet anyone who I wouldn't fight 1-on-1 for the right reason but this sounds like he was beaten and kicked by more than 1 guy. My reaction if that is true is why does Wolski need help from his friends?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
jt2004 said:
I have yet to meet anyone who I wouldn't fight 1-on-1 for the right reason but this sounds like he was beaten and kicked by more than 1 guy. My reaction if that is true is why does Wolski need help from his friends?

A.) Theres no proof that they were his friends helping
B.) If you saw someone shove a girl off the porch (probably trying to kick them out of the party) wouldnt you help kick his ass?

Just think about that scenario and it becomes clear who did what and how it all went down. Im not saying its the absolute truth but its a solid case. He got charged for assault because HE DID BEAT THE **** OUT OF THE KID. Its just standard procedure, he even turned himself in. He will be aquitted once its revealed what a dumbass the host was.

"Ackley's father, Mark, a private school teacher at Royal St. George's College, claims his son, at the request of the host, asked Wolski to leave the party and allegedly was "sucker-punched" instead by the Brampton Battalion forward."

If asking him to leave includes shoving/pushing his girlfriend then yeah he deserved the sucker punch, what an idiot.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Wolski is obviously a maniac and should spend the next 5 years behind bars.

Disco Volante

Mar 11, 2002
2nd to FloydianSlip
Visit site
RoyIsALegend said:
Still... nobody has answered my question.

Put yourself in Wojtek's situation.

Some drunken idiot *shoves* your girl down the stairs of a porch, sending her tumbling to the ground. You wouldn't go nuts?

Well, that looks to me as the romanced version of your friend's side. The logic answer is "of course he's a hero". I have some doubts tho. I guess police will try to put some light on the thing and they'll take whatever action they feel necessary. In any case, that won't make any of the people involved more intelligent or civilized.

Disco Volante

Mar 11, 2002
2nd to FloydianSlip
Visit site
XavierX said:
B.) If you saw someone shove a girl off the porch (probably trying to kick them out of the party) wouldnt you help kick his ass?

Not unless I'm a drunken ******* with no respect for other people. Your question implies that there is already other people kicking on the guy. Joining in is the lamest, cheapest, cowardest thing you can do IMO.

Dr_Chimera*

dunwoody_joe said:
Who said they weren't, Einstein?

You think 10 random guys jumped in? and Wolski is the guy charged? :lol

Uhhhh... yes. You think he'd rather charge a bunch of "guys" or a hockey player who is set to make millions?

And no one said they weren't, but you seemed to assume that they were.

You're right about one thing - you're not the Einstein here.

RoyIsALegend*

Putting this entire Wojtek Wolski incident aside, I'm looking at it from this perspective:

If anybody physically manhandled my girlfriend by shoving her down the stairs of a porch to the ground, I'd kill them. Kill them.

Dr_Chimera*

XavierX said:
A.) Theres no proof that they were his friends helping

Just think about that scenario and it becomes clear who did what and how it all went down. Im not saying its the absolute truth but its a solid case. He got charged for assault because HE DID BEAT THE **** OUT OF THE KID. Its just standard procedure, he even turned himself in. He will be aquitted once its revealed what a dumbass the host was.

"Ackley's father, Mark, a private school teacher at Royal St. George's College, claims his son, at the request of the host, asked Wolski to leave the party and allegedly was "sucker-punched" instead by the Brampton Battalion forward."

If asking him to leave includes shoving/pushing his girlfriend then yeah he deserved the sucker punch, what an idiot.

Exactly.

Dr_Chimera*

Jacobv2 said:
Wolski is obviously a maniac and should spend the next 5 years behind bars.

That's what scouts call a mean streak. Some scout somewhere out there is saying "eureka".

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Alfredo_Garcia said:
Uhhhh... yes. You think he'd rather charge a bunch of "guys" or a hockey player who is set to make millions?

And no one said they weren't, but you seemed to assume that they were.

You're right about one thing - you're not the Einstein here.
Didn't the police think that he was already knocked out when the guys were beating him? Of course he will charge the guy who he knows hit him.

Disco Volante

Mar 11, 2002
2nd to FloydianSlip
Visit site
Alfredo_Garcia said:

I'm not sure how these things really work, but it seems the police has put charges, not the guy.

Wojcitch Wolski -- his legal name -- was charged by Toronto police on June 8 with assault causing bodily harm

RoyIsALegend said:
Putting this entire Wojtek Wolski incident aside, I'm looking at it from this perspective:

If anybody physically manhandled my girlfriend by shoving her down the stairs of a porch to the ground, I'd kill them. Kill them.

That's what I said. He's a ****ing hero. Should have killed the guy for Christ's sake, at least burst his eyes with his thumbs' nails.

:shakehead

Man people are vain. Having you in jail for the next 25 years is really the intelligent way to help your girlfriend in that situation RIAL.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
RoyIsALegend said:
Then you would go to jail. Go to jail. Then your girlfriend would find another guy, while your bunking with Bubba all because some guy pushed your girlfriend.

Dr_Chimera*

Disco Volante said:
Man people are vain. Having you in jail for the next 25 years is really the intelligent way to help your girlfriend in that situation RIAL.

I think he's exagerrating.

But Wolski's a young guy and that should be taken into the account. Young guys react impulsively.

RoyIsALegend*

mario66 said:
Then you would go to jail. Go to jail. Then your girlfriend would find another guy, while your bunking with Bubba all because some guy pushed your girlfriend.

At least Bubba won't get upset at me for wearing my shoes in the house. ;)

Sammy*

It never ceases to amaze how fans in general will defend an athlete , with the only rational explanation for that been that he is an athlete. Kinda pathetic really.
Here we have a guy who got the crap kicked out of him, one who didnt & the only objective party involved (the cops) has seen fit to charge Wolski. Yet we have these wannabe buddies of athletes defending them having no knowledge (inside or otherwise, other than which has been publically reported), unlike the cops, of what actually transpired.
Not saying who is at fault here (Wolski or the other guy), just commenting on the pathetic nature of the human condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad