Wolski charged with assault....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Chimera*

Probably some jerk with no life picking on a guy that has a life.

Wolski is a nice guy - I've spoken to him and have no reason to believe he initiated this.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.

Maybe Wolski is warming up for "Hockey Gladiators"...lol.

If anything teams will probably be more intrigued by this development because it shows he has a chip on his shoulder and he isn't afraid to stick up for himself and/or friends.

Wolski will still be top 15 IMO.

Astaroth

Apr 22, 2004
Montreal,Qc
Well the one big knock against him has been lack of a mean streak or physicality. This certainly shows he's got it in him lol. All mirth aside, I find it hard to believe that if Wolski was asked to leave by the host and Ackley was his prime choice of enforcer that no one would have backed Ackely up when he was being beaten up by several guys.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
This may have an effect on one or two teams passing him by, but I can't see him falling drastically because of this. This won't be all sorted out by Saturday anyways. I do, as well, find it a bit odd that a player knocked for his lack of physical play and aggression is involved in something like this.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Interesting responses in this thread thus far. I wonder if everyone would be so accomodating if he was American or Russian? Somehow I doubt it.

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
Interesting responses in this thread thus far. I wonder if everyone would be so accomodating if he was American or Russian? Somehow I doubt it.
Well, we know you'd be overtly accomodating if it was an American.

It's still early in this situation and we do not have all the facts. What did you expect people to do ? Condemn him to hell, esp. when he's known to be a pacifist in this situation.

Of course we Canadians really support our wrong-doers. Look at how much love we gave Mike Danton. :shakehead

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Doubt much will come of it. I think it would be funny if a prospect missed the start of the draft because they got tossed in the drunk tank the night before though. :joker:

RoyIsALegend*

This is absolutely nothing like Wojtek. As a real friend of his and somebody who knows him personally, he is the last person who would purposely inflict harm on ANYBODY.

But ask yourself this...

His girlfriend was *shoved* down the steps of a porch by another guy. Would you not go crazy as well?

Sammy*

Alfredo_Garcia said:
Probably some jerk with no life picking on a guy that has a life.

Wolski is a nice guy - I've spoken to him and have no reason to believe he initiated this.
Probably some good athlete who thinks he is better than the average guy picking on a guy who is just trying to get him out of the house.
I have no reason to believe Wolski did or didnt initiate this. Then again , I am not a hero worshipper of athletes.
And to Rabid Ranger, it certainly seems to this Canadian that Canadians are a whole lot more critical of their athletes when they do something wrong (ie doping) than Americans are of theirs.

Dr_Chimera*

Sammy said:
Probably some good athlete who thinks he is better than the average guy picking on a guy who is just trying to get him out of the house.

Unlikely. And those that know him would confirm that.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
BlueAndWhite said:
Well, we know you'd be overtly accomodating if it was an American.

It's still early in this situation and we do not have all the facts. What did you expect people to do ? Condemn him to hell, esp. when he's known to be a pacifist in this situation.

Of course we Canadians really support our wrong-doers. Look at how much love we gave Mike Danton. :shakehead

Prove it. I've never come out on the side of anyone involved in something like this. There's a double standard here, and you know it.

Dr_Chimera*

Rabid Ranger said:
Prove it. I've never come out on the side of anyone involved in something like this. There's a double standard here, and you know it.

Face it RR, you're a brown noser for all things American.

Sammy*

Alfredo_Garcia said:
Unlikely. And those that know him would confirm that.
What a frickin joke. I know all kinds of good guys who at one time or another got into dustups where they were the instigator.
Dont be a hero worshipper.

Dr_Chimera*

Sammy said:
What a frickin joke. I know all kinds of good guys who at one time or another got into dustups where they were the instigator.
Dont be a hero worshipper.

I'm saying it's unlikely. What part of "unlikely" don't you understand?

Sammy*

Alfredo_Garcia said:
I'm saying it's unlikely. What part of "unlikely" don't you understand?
I think its "unlikely" that the other guy was the instigator, given what his father said & likely what his friends would say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr_Chimera*

Sammy said:
I think its "unlikely" that the other guy was the instigator, given what his father said & likely what his friends would say.

If I was his father I'd say a lot of things if there was an opportunity to shake up Wolski of some of his future earnings as a result of this.

Maybe even fake an injury or something.

Stefferdoos

Apr 5, 2003
Nashua, NH
Visit site
Sammy said:
And to Rabid Ranger, it certainly seems to this Canadian that Canadians are a whole lot more critical of their athletes when they do something wrong (ie doping) than Americans are of theirs.

Its not that we are less critical of our athletes; we just have lower expectations. After about 3 decades worth of steady scandals involving athletes we just don't expect much morally from most of these people (much like our politicians).

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
The Caps had the same situation with Graham Mink, granted he wasnt a 1st/2nd round pick at the time...he beat the crap out some kid at a party while he was at Univ. of Vermont...it might not be too much of a big deal with drafting Wolski but its certainly something you can do without being attached to a prospect or any player in your system...I love the excuse that he's not a fighter type and hasnt gotten in a fight in the last two years, I guess that makes it alright to put a guy in the hospital...if it didnt involve someone going to the hospital then its something you can easily look pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad