WNBA holding "camp day" early games

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017

11am ish local games and invite local summer camps to games. Way of expanding fan base, give kids that otherwise might not be able to (financially) attend.
Not sure I like the idea (managed to go through the day without getting the score spoiled and watched my Fever getting destroyed by the Sun yesterday late evening on League Pass), but 1) if it's going to create new and younger fans, go for it and 2) I'm just very happy to see a WNBA post somewhere around here!

Reactions: LadyStanley

Kirk Van Houten

May 7, 2019
I get the idea but having a Las Vegas team playing that early is kind of contradictory with expading the fan bases

Reaser

May 19, 2021
I remember seeing the Storm on the guide for a Noon start a couple days ago and clicked on it and it said "live" and was wondering why they were playing at Noon on a Tuesday. Looked it up and they said it was "kids day." Didn't know it was a league-wide thing.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
But it has to fit into the day of a summer camp. There are some day camps that end as early as 3 p.m. local time. Others might go as late as 5 p.m.

My day camp always had late pick up on days of "top-tier" field trips, like White Sox games or Six Flags.

Sounds like the WNBA is admitting they're not a top tier field trip.

oknazevad

Dec 12, 2018
Minor league baseball teams (and some major league ones as well) have been doing camp days for years. They work pretty well, as not only do the kids enjoy themselves, but want to come back. One of the advantages of being a summer sport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad