WJC06 Team Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnbuckle*

Crossroads said:
Yeah, after 9 games played. :shakehead Because Ramo has played well in 9 games, that makes him better than a goaltender that a professional scouting staff thought was good enough to draft in the first round.

I don't like your logic.

Rask >> Ramo.

Your logic is a tad flawed, actually. Look at Canada's goaltending situation this season. Will anybody raise a big fuss if Pogge or Ellis gets the starter's position over Price and Dubnyk? Yet Price and Dubnyk were the first-round goalies.

I think Price will likely get the nod, but Pogge has had a better season (even if his team is lots better), and is a year older.

Sounds quite similar to the Finnish dilemma, doesn't it?

Where is Wolski if first rounders are a shoo-in? Fact is, there's first rounders that fail to get picked (or start in goal) pretty much every year.

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
turnbuckle said:
Your logic is a tad flawed, actually. Look at Canada's goaltending situation this season. Will anybody raise a big fuss if Pogge or Ellis gets the starter's position over Price and Dubnyk? Yet Price and Dubnyk were the first-round goalies.

I think Price will likely get the nod, but Pogge has had a better season (even if his team is lots better), and is a year older.

Sounds quite similar to the Finnish dilemma, doesn't it?

Where is Wolski if first rounders are a shoo-in? Fact is, there's first rounders that fail to get picked (or start in goal) pretty much every year.

Well, yeah it sounds quite similar, but i think Rask has been having better season and he plays in the "weaker" team. Im quite sure he'll be starting world juniors. (and im not a fan of Ilves/HPK or even Pelicans ie. not biased) :)

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Well being neither fan of Ilves or HPK, I'd say Rämö is currently the better of the two.

Rask has the chance to become better but he's not there yet.

Taze

Jan 27, 2003
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Pepper said:
Well being neither fan of Ilves or HPK, I'd say Rämö is currently the better of the two.

I'd say that Rämö was slightly better before he got injured. Rämö just hasn't been as convincing after the injury, I think the situation is pretty even right now. Still I'm not concerned about the goalies, either one can (and should) play amazing games. Our defense is bit of a questionmark for me, not too much experience there and of course Nokelainen would've been very important for us.

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
nomorekids said:
Haha, I love it. People who have no bias towards either are easily picking Ramo...people who see both play often...

...but the one stalwart is here, insisting up and down that Rask is better, coincidentally a fan of the team that drafted Rask. Wheeew.

:confused:

I've read the whole thread as I came here to specifically learn about the battle between Rask and Ramo.

So far I've read three Finnish posters who feel Ramo is better, five who feel it's pretty even between them and two who feel Rask is better.

So I don't neccessarily see the scenario you have described. I realize you love taking every opportunity you can to knock Leaf fans. But maybe next time, in all your desperate urgency to get a shot in, be more careful not to jump the gun.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
As a Leaf fan I really want to see Rask get the #1 job, but to be nammed to the Team is honor enough, I know everyone on the Leaf Board is hoping for a Pogge vs Rask game, but we'll see.

I have no idea who is better at this point so I have no oppinion on who is better, all I know is I really want to see Rask vs Pogge on Boxing day.

think-blue-

Sep 28, 2002
Visit site
Link

Aravirta said from B.C. he will not decide until after a pair of exhibition games whether Rask or Karri Ramo, a Tampa Bay Lightning prospect, will go in against Canada.

"I hope I start," Rask told The Toronto Sun from B.C. "I know there are two good goalies here and we have two games to see what happens. I just noticed two weeks ago that (Pogge)was a Maple Leafs pick and it would be great to play against him. We'll see after these two games."

Finlands coach:
Aravirta made it clear he would have no problem choosing either Rask or Ramo.

"They are quite even," Aravirta said. "They are both going to play one game and we will decide after that. We would like to see them in these games first. We have confidence in both of our goalies."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad