|
Away
|
Home

Thursday, 12/27|9:00 AM|Germany|USA
Friday, 12/28|9:00 AM|USA|Russia
Sunday, 12/30|4:30 AM|USA|Canada
Monday, 12/31|5:00 AM|Slovakia|USA

friday and sunday are the ones to watch! when the games are in north america i usually get together with some buddies and watch them, but this year i'll probably have to set the dvr and just deal with it. i also work every one of these days. jeeze...

for those of you with cablevision and no NHL network, here's a little pro tip. if you call up cablevision on say, wednesday the 26th, order it then. when the tourney is done, call back up and cancel. rather than charging you the full 6.95 (since you won't have it for a full month) they charge you per day. for this tourney, it would probably come out to a little over a dollar. i do this a lot on friday nights when there's CHL games i want to watch or something else interesting. usually comes out to about 12 cents a day. i know it doesn't seem like a lot, but in the long haul spending $1 a month vs $7 a month saves a lot.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
friday and sunday are the ones to watch! when the games are in north america i usually get together with some buddies and watch them, but this year i'll probably have to set the dvr and just deal with it. i also work every one of these days. jeeze...

for those of you with cablevision and no NHL network, here's a little pro tip. if you call up cablevision on say, wednesday the 26th, order it then. when the tourney is done, call back up and cancel. rather than charging you the full 6.95 (since you won't have it for a full month) they charge you per day. for this tourney, it would probably come out to a little over a dollar. i do this a lot on friday nights when there's CHL games i want to watch or something else interesting. usually comes out to about 12 cents a day. i know it doesn't seem like a lot, but in the long haul spending $1 a month vs $7 a month saves a lot.
Thank you for the tip. Will do.

Dec 13, 2010
its obviously not something they advertise but a guy with cablevision customer service told me about it when i called up to ask about NHL network but said i wasn't interested after he gave me the price tag for the month. he said he has a lot of people who call up to watch dexter or homeland and cancel it immediately after, and they'll do it for any premium channel. works great for me since i'm not home a lot and really only get to sit down and watch tv 1-2 nights per week.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Does it look like Boo has a shot to make the USA team? I know that he wasn't invited to camp earlier in the year, but it seems like he's played very well for Michigan so far..

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Does it look like Boo has a shot to make the USA team? I know that he wasn't invited to camp earlier in the year, but it seems like he's played very well for Michigan so far..

no he and fogarty weren't invited to the camp going on right now so they have no chance.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
Watched Canada vs Finland, it felt like a half hour. Wish I had time to watch USA in a bit.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Miller, along with the rest of the top line (Grimaldi, Gaudreau) and the top 2 defensemen (Jones, Trouba) are sitting.

Skjei had a bad period.

I thought he played better as the period went on. But nothing eye opening. He does look weak in his own end as far as closing off space between he and the offender goes. Offensively, he looked fine. Made a couple good rushes up the ice. He isn't seeing PK or PP time.

SupersonicMonkey*

I thought he played better as the period went on. But nothing eye opening. He does look weak in his own end as far as closing off space between he and the offender goes. Offensively, he looked fine. Made a couple good rushes up the ice. He isn't seeing PK or PP time.

Skjei must be nervous, because these reports are not what he plays like the majority of the time at Minnesota.

At Minnesota he's been very smart in his own end.

This is like day and night. The pressure to make the team may be getting to him a bit.

Theres no way he suddenly forgot how to play.

SupersonicMonkey*

With Noeson (spelling?) suspended i'm a bit surprised they didn't invite another forward? Why would they leave that spot empty?

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007

Spot on with everything.

He definitely picked it up, and I agree his cap control has been the problem.

Honestly though aside from Murphy, none of the defensemen have looked great. Sieloff's been burned a few times, Shane G (not even gonna bother spelling it) took a bad penalty, etc.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Wow you guys are pretty tough critics. I thought Skjei had a good (if unspectacular) game. Will good be enough? Who knows. Last thing I will say on Skjei is that if he had an iffy game, so did every other dman not named Murphy or McCabe.

On a non-NYR note:
1. Murphy is a heck of a prospect.
2. How can anyone be in favor of calling more ticky tac penalties? That was brutal to watch. Special teams killed the flow of the game.
3. Sweden, really? Disgracing the best uniform in the sport with huge Ads? Come on now.

Dec 13, 2010
i thought skjei looked great. excited to see this as a full team and i think skjei has a real good chance of making this team, if nothing else as the 7th d-man.

gostisbehere was impressive to me too, not so much because of the goal and his skill, but because he looked SO much more responsible in his own end than i've ever seen him at union. his big criticism among union fans and scouts i've read is that he makes a lot of dumb mistakes in his own end and when he has to make a decision on pinching/joining the rush he does it 9/10 times. yesterday he was playing real responsibly and only got caught out of position once in the game.

i really like this team. galchenyuk looked amazing and if he gets to go up against 2nd pairings i think he's gonna be tearing it up in the tourney

Bardof425*

i thought skjei looked great. excited to see this as a full team and i think skjei has a real good chance of making this team, if nothing else as the 7th d-man.

gostisbehere was impressive to me too, not so much because of the goal and his skill, but because he looked SO much more responsible in his own end than i've ever seen him at union. his big criticism among union fans and scouts i've read is that he makes a lot of dumb mistakes in his own end and when he has to make a decision on pinching/joining the rush he does it 9/10 times. yesterday he was playing real responsibly and only got caught out of position once in the game.

i really like this team. galchenyuk looked amazing and if he gets to go up against 2nd pairings i think he's gonna be tearing it up in the tourney

Agree on Skjei. Great skater. Covers the man with ease, uses his stick out front (very McD like). He jumps into the play at smart times and has the size to clear the crease. Also, his passes are tape to tape consistently. Based on this game he should make this team. Let's see what he does tomorrow.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

Agree on Skjei. Great skater. Covers the man with ease, uses his stick out front (very McD like). He jumps into the play at smart times and has the size to clear the crease. Also, his passes are tape to tape consistently. Based on this game he should make this team. Let's see what he does tomorrow.

So, it sounds like he started out a bit skittish, but his play got stronger and stronger as the game went on?

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
Nice to see some good things said about Skjei for once. I didn't watch the whole game so I can't really judge his play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad