Post-Game Talk: WJC U20 Championship Game

Kershaw

Wow, I'll take him over Sieloff and McCabe on the team because of his chemistry with Jones alone.

These are the three that will battle it out for 6-7 spots imo. Reilly, Trouba, Jones, Gotsi and Murphy are locks. Skjei was struggling recently so i don't like his chances.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Date
|
Time
|
Away
|
Home

Thursday, 12/27|9:00 AM|Germany|USA
Friday, 12/28|9:00 AM|USA|Russia
Sunday, 12/30|4:30 AM|USA|Canada
Monday, 12/31|5:00 AM|Slovakia|USA

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Just excited to see some of the young talent go at it on a big stage. Always rooting for team USA because of the prospects and I get a lot of hell for it here in Canadaland :laugh:

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Just excited to see some of the young talent go at it on a big stage. Always rooting for team USA because of the prospects and I get a lot of hell for it here in Canadaland :laugh:

Yea rooting for team USA up there must be quite the commitment good for you. Canada loves their WJC.

Who was the last Ranger to make Canada's squad? Nigel Dawes?

SupersonicMonkey*

I like his chances since he's a U18 kid.

Right.

USNTDP
U-18

This is his 3rd year in the US development system. He's one of their top D products. He has a history with Jones. He has a lot working on his side.

I wouldn't let a little skid mark in his season sour people's view on him. We aren't halfway through this season yet. And at times he's shown flashes of being a brilliant defenseman. As an 18 year old (youngest player on the roster) on one of the top three teams in the nation.

I don't think USA Hockey is prepared to give up on that player because in the interim there are a couple of players looking better simply because Skjei had recent struggles.

IF they cut him, they're making a mistake. But Minnesota will be better for it. They have a big game against BC on the 30th, 2nd game of back to back games.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
Sucks that the games are at 5 AM. As always, I hope the Rangers in the tournament do good but Canada gets all of my support. It was so bitter-sweet when Stepan, Kreider, and Bourque won in 2010. Stepan had an awesome tournament. I still love me some Jordan Eberle, after his two WJC performances the guy is like a national hero here.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Noesen suspended by Hockey Canada and the IIHF is making this continue throughout the tournament. Big blow to the U.S offense...

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Noesen suspended by Hockey Canada and the IIHF is making this continue throughout the tournament. Big blow to the U.S offense...

What an idiot. Use your damn head, you know you're going to be representing your country in a major tournament in a few weeks, so don't go over the edge.

Why did he get suspended but Huberdeau injured an official and gets away with it?

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
What an idiot. Use your damn head, you know you're going to be representing your country in a major tournament in a few weeks, so don't go over the edge.

Why did he get suspended but Huberdeau injured an official and gets away with it?

Because it was Hockey Canada's ruling. Very convenient. IIHF shouldn't be enforcing other leagues suspensions, that's just silly.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Nice, I'll be off on a few of the game days...looking forward to it. Hope Miller has a great tourney.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I hope Ceresnak has a tournament like Kundratek did a few years ago for the Czech Republic. Thomas got a ton of ice time on a terrible team that got blown out almost every game but he held his own and looked good.

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
I hope Ceresnak has a tournament like Kundratek did a few years ago for the Czech Republic. Thomas got a ton of ice time on a terrible team that got blown out almost every game but he held his own and looked good.

(OT) It looks like TK's going to get his first real shot at a permanent roster spot for the Capitals, provided they get back on the ice in the next three years. 8-8-16 in 27 GPs with a fat minus. According to the AHL guys on the Caps forum he's solely focused on Capitals need someone like him with Green being a question mark and Alzner/Carlson relied upon to play first pair with the dzone starts. I hate to bring up this discussion again but I really wish we could have gotten at least a draft pick out of TK. PA Parenteau's cousin is a dud.

It's pretty hard for defensemen on teams like Czech and Slovakia to leave a positive impression in these tournaments. The games that are televised and given adequate coverage are usually against Canada and the US. Ceresnak's foot speed has always been an issue, that's a problem in the WJC U20. He may get exposed pretty badly on the big ice surface. I'd love to be wrong but I wouldn't expect much out of him.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
(OT) It looks like TK's going to get his first real shot at a permanent roster spot for the Capitals, provided they get back on the ice in the next three years. 8-8-16 in 27 GPs with a fat minus. According to the AHL guys on the Caps forum he's solely focused on Capitals need someone like him with Green being a question mark and Alzner/Carlson relied upon to play first pair with the dzone starts. I hate to bring up this discussion again but I really wish we could have gotten at least a draft pick out of TK. PA Parenteau's cousin is a dud.

It's pretty hard for defensemen on teams like Czech and Slovakia to leave a positive impression in these tournaments. The games that are televised and given adequate coverage are usually against Canada and the US. Ceresnak's foot speed has always been an issue, that's a problem in the WJC U20. He may get exposed pretty badly on the big ice surface. I'd love to be wrong but I wouldn't expect much out of him.

I saw the Bears play earlier this year and Kundratek looked pretty good. They were playing Bridgeport and Hamonic was playing on the other side. That kid is going to be special. I stick with him having 3rd pairing upside. His skating is a plus but he still runs around a bit too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad