U18: WJC U18 - Grand Forks, North Dakota (14th - 24rd April)

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
What a sweet goal. I love watching the US team. Such a fantastic skating and perfect, quick passing team.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
**** it, they should goon it up. Show some signs of life and passion this is sickening.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
How the **** is that a penalty on Jost? He hit him too hard?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Just keep Canada in the box all game. The US needs more PPs :handclap:

satchmo

Mar 21, 2012
Yeah, it really is refreshing to see Canada get totally pummeled in junior hockey.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Penalty shot analysis by Craig Button: "Katchouk had him totally beat"

Except for the parts about scoring, or getting a shot off, or remembering to deke. Apart of that, it was miraculous that it didn't go in :rolleyes:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
How bad have things been? :laugh:

Shots are 27-25. Terrible goaltending.

The Americans have gotten some high quality goals too, the Americans are clearly the better team today.

I started watching late in the first but seen all the replays on the goals, some were really nice and some were terrible. Why I'm suffering through this? I have no idea.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
This is going to get ugly. American player scores on a breakaway and crashes the goalie (looks like he just tripped). Good melee ensues after.

8-1 USA

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Hockey Canada royally ****ed up last year at the Ivan Hlinka by cutting Logan Brown. Had he played for Canada there he might have decided to play for us here.

But Hockey Canada ****ing up is no surprise, they have a history of questionable decisions and their website sucks big time.:laugh:

100% agree. I think if Canada did not cut him last year at the Ivan Hlinka, he would have played for Canada going forward. I remember reading an article last year, where he said that he is grateful to Hockey Canada, and wants to represent Canada going forward since he spends his summers in Ottawa.

From what i remember reading on twitter, him being cut last year was a surprise and sort of a shock to him, and then a month later Logan decides to play in the All-American Prospects game. Not the first time Hockey Canada messed up. Their roster selections in the past several years in the WJC have been mindboggling at times. Hoping they get their act together going forward.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Canada with another penalty for a body check.

5 on 3 for the Americans

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
If I was canadian I would at least be happy with Jost preformance in this tournament.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
100% agree. I think if Canada did not cut him last year at the Ivan Hlinka, he would have played for Canada going forward. I remember reading an article last year, where he said that he is grateful to Hockey Canada, and wants to represent Canada going forward since he spends his summers in Ottawa.

From what i remember reading, him being cut last year was a surprise and sort of a shock for him, and then a month later Logan decides to play in the All-American Prospects game. Not the first time Hockey Canada messed up. Their roster selections in the past several years in the WJC have been mindboggling at times. Hoping they get their act together going forward.

Brown was terrible at the Hlinka camp and did not deserve to be on the team. If they just hand out spots it sends the wrong message.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad