WJC Thread/Leafs at WJC

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
AHL stint boosts Scott’s chances in nailing starting job - TSN.ca
What’s the biggest game Ian Scott has ever played? The Prince Albert Raiders goalie pauses to contemplate the question.

"I'd have to say the chance I got to play my first pro game," he says after a moment.
"Just be ready at any time, because I remember not knowing if I was going to get a game when I was with the Marlies so just always working hard and always being ready for your first chance or next chance," he said.

"Looking back at the game there were a few things that we worked on in practice leading up to the game that I caught myself doing during the game and I think that was the most rewarding thing coming out of the game."
"He's a different goalie than Michael," noted coach Tim Hunter. "He’s really calm in the net. He makes the routine saves and he makes everything look easy. He’s square to the puck, controls rebounds and gets in front of the puck. So, when you look back, it’s calming. He’s in place, he makes the stop, he plays the puck well. So, when you’re watching from the bench and your teammates are watching your goalie, they see a sense of calmness back there and that’s a real good thing."

Last edited:

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Aaaaand Scott couldn’t hold the game down for Canada. Is DiPietro looking like the starter on Boxing Day?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Aaaaand Scott couldn’t hold the game down for Canada. Is DiPietro looking like the starter on Boxing Day?

I do not know... DiPietro has looked like trash whenever he's played. Scott was far better in his full game, and he did not even look worse than DiPietro in this game despite coming in dead cold.

I may be biased, but I think Scott has 100% earned the starting job over DiPietro, especially if we are going based on this season and the pre-tournament play. He could easily lose it, but the job should easily be his to lose right now.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

4-2 Finns 13 mins left...

I haven't paid attention yet, I'm guessing DiPietro was the favorite going into the tourney, dunno where they stand

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Never been a big fan of coming half way through the game, you're cold in that situation. Scott has been good.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
My guess is DiP on Boxing Day and Scott the next game. I think Scott will need to vastly outplay DiP in his game to be the guy the rest of the way.

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
Im leaving for Vancouver on thursday and was able to scoop up a quarter finals game tickets, I wanna see the states play so bad.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I love the WJC tournament..

Its among my favourite Hockey of the year..

I PRV all the games and watch them with the added fun of amateur scouting the draft eligible prospects for the upcoming draft as well as cheer on Canada and follow Leaf prospects in the tourney.

GO Canada GO !!!!

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Happy WJC Day.

I updated OP. Rosters are essentially final. We have a situation with Cajka and Honka (who are both draft eligibles) where they have been kept around, but not registered, and are available for the last 2 spots on their respective teams. But, they still have competition for those spots as more players have been kept than eligible for those spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad