TSN: WJC ~ Team Canada @ the World Junior Championships

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
:fight:

That time once again, when we see our future Gretzky's, Crosby's, etc. rule the world!

Txs to @hockey20000 for finding me the "Pre-Tournament" Schedule.

1702129555044.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan Patrick

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I wonder how you get tickets for next years WJC in Ottawa. Or if they are already on sale?

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Canada is down a few key players who are with their NHL teams, and not just the obvious one in Bedard. You also have Korchinski with the Hawks (taken with the pick we gave them for DeBrincat, which stings), Adam Fantilli with Columbus, Zach Benson in Buffalo, Shane Wright and Matthew Poitras in Boston. (Benson is only 18, which is wild. Shane Wright got an exemption and is playing for Seattle's AHL affiliate. Apparently he wasn't dying to go back to the tournament, which is somewhat understandable - been there, done that.)

As a result, I am told that the Americans are probably the slight favourites going in. Still, there have been plenty of years when Canada wasn't favoured and won, and a few where they were and lost. As Chris Berman says, that's why they play the games. I'll be tuned in as always...

I wonder how you get tickets for next years WJC in Ottawa. Or if they are already on sale?
They are on a pre-sale right now to Sens season ticket holders, and to Redblacks season ticket holders. The full package only, of course...

Reactions: Senovision

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I say Dono makes it and end up as the teams top 2 dmen by the end of the tourny.
Not very likely with the guys they have ahead of him, Mateychuk and Luneau are likely 2 of the top 3 D in the tournament. He is definitely battling for one of those left side positions.

Luckily for him, Lameroux and Luneau are both right shots and account for 2 of the guarentied slots. Molendyk being banged up will also help his case as 1 of the 4 left shot guys battling.

Nelson, Warren and Bonk are likely competing for 1, possibly 2 spots.

Buchinger, Donovan, Furlong and Molendyk are battling for 2, possibly 3 spots.

I think Molendyk is going to be left out as an 18 year old battling an injury.

Would not be surprised if HC liked both Buchinger and Furlong a lot though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad