Brad Ross - Boone Jenner - Michael Bournival
Greg McKegg

Brandon Gormley - Mark Pysyk
Duncan Siemens - Ryan Murphy
Alex Petrovic - Dougie Hamilton
Ryan Murray

Calvin Pickard
Sam Brittain

I like this, maybe make room for Smith-pelly and place McFarland at wing since he hasn't played Center since midget. Also they could use another puckrushing defenseman along with Murphy, not sure of Murray's offensive ablities so maybe he fulfils that role?

MrKilljoy

Jan 7, 2011
World jr 2012

5 Names I'd like to see on next year's team:

Ryan nugent Hopkins
John McFarland
Devante Smith Pelly
Jon Huberdeau
Tyler Toffoli

Last edited:

MrKilljoy

Jan 7, 2011
What teams are in each pool next year?

Canada will begin its quest for gold at the 2012 world junior hockey championship in a group with the rival Americans that will play out of Edmonton.

Finland, the Czech Republic and Denmark will also play out of Group B in the next tournament's preliminary round, Hockey Canada and the host committee announced Friday.

Russia will play out of Group A in Calgary along with Sweden, Switzerland, Slovakia and Latvia.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
5 Names I'd like to see on next year's team:

Ryan nugent Hopkins
John McFarland
Devante Smith Pelly
Jon Huberdeau
Tyler Toffoli

Everyone but McFarland should make it if they continue to play the way they are. For McFarland, he is going to have to really up his production and defence.... something we know hes capable of doing because of his talent

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
I'm excited to watch Ross play next year. I haven't seen much of him, but from what I've read, he could become a big character guy for the leafs.

RangerRed

Jan 23, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I like this, maybe make room for Smith-pelly and place McFarland at wing since he hasn't played Center since midget. Also they could use another puckrushing defenseman along with Murphy, not sure of Murray's offensive ablities so maybe he fulfils that role?

This isn't entirely true. I can vividly recall McFarland taking multiple draws for Team Canada at U-18 tournaments.

The main reason he's on this team is just the unholy chemistry he seems to have with Tyler Toffoli.

As for Smith-Pelly, I would gladly take him but I simply couldn't make room for him. Ross and Bournival were both at this year's camp and you take offensive players in the thirteenth forward position.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
no love for mark mcneil?

17 year 6'2" 210lb center with 49 points in 44 games on a pretty bad PA raider team.

i seriously think this kid has a shot at team canada next year.

MrKilljoy

Jan 7, 2011
You could just take the 2009 under 18 team that dominated the Ivan Hlinka tournament, add RNH and DSP and probably have a gold medal team in Calary/Edmonton.

Last edited:

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
If Prendergrast is saying small and skilled you have to think Gallagher and Thomas will be heavily in the mix. Two kids 5'9 and under who can absolutely fire the puck.

Also, If that does happen, youd have to expect the defence to be a little bigger. Guys like Dougie Hamilton and Alex Petrovic would be favoured

And youd have to think Strome would be on this team, along with RNH and Huberdeau.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad