WJC: WJC Team Canada 2012

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
3 words

Devante Smith Pelly

still kinda raw but guy has net presence

he was very disappointed not being invited to camp and show it when playing with Mississauga

hope he's there next year

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
2012 Team Canada

early but i dont care i like to look into the future and heres being optimistic for next year! what does Canadas roster look like next year?

Schwartz Nugent-Hopkins Puempel
Rattie Hishon Connolly
Hamilton McKegg Howden
Ross St.Croix Toffoli
Ranford

Gormely Murray
Murphy Pysyk
Silas Reilly
Pouliot

Visentin
Pickard

thoughts?

RangerRed

Jan 23, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
early but i dont care i like to look into the future and heres being optimistic for next year! what does Canadas roster look like next year?

Schwartz Nugent-Hopkins Puempel
Rattie Hishon Connolly
Hamilton McKegg Howden
Ross St.Croix Toffoli
Ranford

Gormely Murray
Murphy Pysyk
Silas Reilly
Pouliot

Visentin
Pickard

thoughts?

Joey Hishon and Curtis Hamilton will be ineligible next year.

I'd be amazed if Silas or Reilly made the team over Siemens or Dougie Hamilton.

Other than that, the personnel seems pretty good. I don't think Visentin is a lock for next year. He's gonna get some stiff competition from Calvin Pickard, Kent Simpson, Sam Brittain and Scott Wedgewood.

KingJet*

Huberdeau-Strome-Rattie
Howden-St. Croix-Connolly
Weal-Toffolli-Bournival
Ross-Schwartz-McKegg
Puempel-Ranford-RNH
DSP

Murray-Gormley
Hamilton-Siemens
Pysyk-McIlrath
Petrovic-Reinhart
Forsberg-Murphy

Pickard
Visentin
Hamilton

No particular order (Put an extra lines/players incase they were injured/made NHL team)

dm1371

May 29, 2010
Chicoutimi, QC
Team Canada for WJC 2012

Any Predictions ? i'd like to see how it will look next year. Right now we have Couturier, Gudbranson, Schwartz, Visentin, Connolly, Howden, Johansen on this year's team who will still be eligible for next year. I think that the big changes will be at Defence because only one of this year's edition will be eligible (Gudbranson).

Any predictions ? Do you think that guys like RNH, Strome, Murphy, Dougie Hamilton, Siemens, Musil, Puempel etc.. will make the team ?

Edit: I know that it's a bit early to tell depending on the players' next season but i just want a rough idea.

Last edited:

iamcanadian23

Jan 2, 2011
Toronto
Here's hoping Johansen can return...

I believe I heard something somewhere in tournament coverage that Howson's in no rush to get him out of junior hockey (He is under contract with them though). Good on him, let the kid develop further and get lots of ice dominating - rather than flounder with limited minutes for CBJ.

BLBarmada

Here's my team.

Couturier-RNH-Conolly
Schwartz-Howden-Huberdeau
Puempel-Strome-Rattie
Bournival-Jenner-Toffoli
DSP

Ouellet-Gormley
Siemens-Murphy
Murray-Pouliot
Matheson

Pickard
Gusse

There's a few homer picks but this team oozes skill in my mind, there's no shortage of scoring and there's plenty of gamebreakers, the D is just scary, Ouellet is one the best eligible d-man for this year, Siemens,Murray,Murphy,Pouliot and Matheson are all 2012 eligible, and can all go in the top 10. Calvin Pickard should of made this team this year and Robin Gusse is going to be amazing.

The Dark Passenger

HFNYR Blues GM
Jan 7, 2010
Vermont -> Florida
Any chance McIlrath or Christian Thomas for next year? From what I hear McIlrath has been playing much better since returning from injury and Thomas is having a huge year in the OHL this year and is really carrying his team (on pace for about 92 points).

RangerRed

Jan 23, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Quinton Howden - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Brett Connolly
Jaden Schwartz - Ryan Strome - Ty Rattie
Matt Puempel - John McFarland - Tyler Toffoli
Brad Ross - Boone Jenner - Michael Bournival
Greg McKegg

Brandon Gormley - Mark Pysyk
Duncan Siemens - Ryan Murphy
Alex Petrovic - Dougie Hamilton
Ryan Murray

Calvin Pickard
Sam Brittain

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Jayden Schwartz - Sean Couturier - Brett Connolly
Tyler Toffoli - Ryan Johansen - Greg McKegg
Quinton Howden - Nugent-Hopkins - Brad Ross
Michael Bournival - Jordan Weal - Brendan Gallagher
John McFarland

Ryan Murphy - Erik Gudbranson
Brandon Gormley - Ryan Murray
Dylan McIlrath - Mark Psyk
Jesse Forsberg

bshaw

Jul 4, 2010
Hamilton
nobody would have visentin in net? one bad game and thast that? he can bring leadership next year and he can only get better, he came up huge in teh usa game, deffinitely going to be a goalie next year

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
They need at least on powerforward/grinder the power game was very effective this year. Maybe Mark McNeill gets a shot along with Smith-Pelly.

Bisha

Nov 13, 2010
3 words

Devante Smith Pelly

still kinda raw but guy has net presence

he was very disappointed not being invited to camp and show it when playing with Mississauga

hope he's there next year

kinda raw? didn't he just sign his elc with the ducks? how many other second round picks can say the same right now? kid can play and was very close last year at the ducks camp, thus the signing.

christan thomas will b there and look or hc too do what they always do...go with mostly 19yr olds.

RangerRed

Jan 23, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
nobody would have visentin in net? one bad game and thast that? he can bring leadership next year and he can only get better, he came up huge in teh usa game, deffinitely going to be a goalie next year

First, this isn't without precedent. Leland Irving made the '07 team in Leksand but failed to make the '08 team in Pardubice even though he was one of only a few returnees at camp.

Second, Visentin allowed bad goals in three of his four games. So, it's not difficult to see the Hockey Canada brass having a few second thoughts about making him a sure thing before the next tournament.

SMoneyMonkey

Dec 7, 2009
LA/MTL
What would you like for it to look like?

Mine would look like this.

Jayden Schwartz - Sean Couturier - Brett Connolly(If he doesn't play in NHL)
Tyler Toffoli - Ryan Johansen(If he doesn't play in NHL)- Ty Rattie
Lucas Lessio - Nugent-Hopkins - Zack Phillips
Matt Puempel - Jordan Weal - Brendan Gallagher

Ryan Murphy - Erik Gudbranson
David Musil - Duncan Siemens
Jesse Forsberg - Brandon Gormley
Mark Pysyk

Calvin Pickard
??

Just looking at this team, it has much more skill than last years and why in the world did Weal, RNH & Toffoli not make Canada's team this year?

Yeah, I have no idea. The way Weal plays I could see him pulling team Canada together in the third. Felt like he barely got a look. Really hope he makes it next year, don't think there's too much chance a kid that size'll be in the NHL :P

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Ideally...

Schwartz Seguin Skinner
Howden Johansen Connolly
Puempel Couturier Nugent-Hopkins
Ross Weal Toffoli

Gudbrandon Gormley
Murphy Pysyk
Siemens Hamilton

Visentin
Pickard

As far as a realistic team goes I'm hoping that Nugent-Hopkins, Johansen, Connolly and Gormley are still in junior next year.

torontosports10

Mar 6, 2009
Jonathan Huberdeau, and if they like chemistry, add in his linemate who could make it anyways in Zack Phillips.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->