GDT: WJC: Sweden vs Česko

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
they do not but sure keep thinking of that.. and please you got one gold medal in 30 years so don't even bring up a 1 game canadian loss LOL.

Yeah we suck at u20 WJC, im not denying that. But in U18 we have 2 golds in 4 years. Guess who the coach was, lmao.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Great game all around. First time in a million years the Czechs showed they're able to not only match Sweden at the WJC in terms of skating and 1v1 play, but even outplay them for most of the game. Absolutely love these Czech defensemen, Hamara had some rough moments but Jiricek and Svozil were absolutely dominating every other shift. That OT wraparound would have been spectacular had it gone in. Tichacek and Spacek are both sound as hell. What a tournament so far for this group.
I love them as well. Love the size and skill, it's so rare to see that in a Czech player (let alone a defensemen!)

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Elias Pettersson has unfortunately been a huge liability, should get way less minutes. Odelius is also such a slow decision maker, absolutely horrible first period from him. Öhgren, Östlund and Lekkerimäki are good with the puck but keep losing all puck battles. We desperately need Carlsson back.

Looks like a typical gold medal Swedish team.
I thought Sandin-Pelikka - Odelius was by far the best pairing today, though mainly because of the former.

Yeah Pettersson is horrible. He should not play at all. Lets just give the minutes to Noren.

Im not suprised Czechia was better. We are missing our 5 best players.
No please, No give ALL the remaining minutes to Sandin-Pelikka and Engström.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
they do not but sure keep thinking of that.. and please you got one gold medal in 30 years so don't even bring up a 1 game canadian loss LOL.
If u win almost every tournament then why do some of u have to be pricks about one loss? U can afford to win and loose with grace. It is well known that any hometeam get advantages no matter in wich country the tournament set place. That is just how it is. If it is enough to change the out come of a game, nobody knows.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Czech will get a medal Sweden will not. I hope Sweden will but it dont seem likely. Great game by the Czechs.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Feels like Sweden always beats cze in junior hockey
Go to page 1!lol

20 years of this... total domination. Last night was our first point against the Swedes in 20 years. Small victory.

I do think we played very well and didn't leave this one feeling like a loser though. This wasn't the usualy 6-2 anhilation and my head is held up high, dammit! :)

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Go to page 1!lol

20 years of this... total domination. Last night was our first point against the Swedes in 20 years. Small victory.

I do think we played very well and didn't leave this one feeling like a loser though. This wasn't the usualy 6-2 anhilation and my head is held up high, dammit! :)
Wait...

2019 Sweden 10 and Czechs 1

:huh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad