GDT: WJC: Sweden vs Česko

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Damage. The better team lost. There are not many cases from the past when we could say this to the Swedes.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Great game all around. First time in a million years the Czechs showed they're able to not only match Sweden at the WJC in terms of skating and 1v1 play, but even outplay them for most of the game. Absolutely love these Czech defensemen, Hamara had some rough moments but Jiricek and Svozil were absolutely dominating every other shift. That OT wraparound would have been spectacular had it gone in. Tichacek and Spacek are both sound as hell. What a tournament so far for this group.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Elias Pettersson has unfortunately been a huge liability, should get way less minutes. Odelius is also such a slow decision maker, absolutely horrible first period from him. Öhgren, Östlund and Lekkerimäki are good with the puck but keep losing all puck battles. We desperately need Carlsson back.

Looks like a typical gold medal Swedish team.

Reactions: EK47

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
That was a great game. Columbus is going to get good in a hurry when their prospects are ready.

I like 3 on 3 for the Round Robin but I'm beyond disappointed that they're doing it for the gold medal tie breaker again. Nothing is more entertaining than 5v5 sudden death OT in a high stakes game.
I get tournament timelines and why everyone (including hockey canada) does 3 on 3 in shootouts because there is another game upcoming and you gotta get the fans out.

BUT no one plays after the gold medal game.. let that go forever. Should be the ONE exception.

Janvonpobben

Sep 15, 2021
No carlsson, lysell, donwner nilsson or edvinason is too much skill absent. Swedish top players always injured during wjc

Isak rosen is very overrated

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Awful change and a gorgeous goal...

Congrats Sweden. Well deserved win.
Awful change and a gorgeous goal...

Congrats Sweden. Well deserved win.
Could’ve easily gone either way. You guys have a good team, was considering this a 50/50 game mainly due to the fact that x
Czechia/Cesko? haven’t beaten Sweden in about 20 years, otherwise you would have been the favourites but old habits die hard.

Wish you all the best.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Could’ve easily gone either way. You guys have a good team, was considering this a 50/50 game mainly due to the fact that x
Czechia/Cesko? haven’t beaten Sweden in about 20 years.

Wish you all the best.
Thanks.. good luck the rest of the way. Hope your 2 injured are good and your goalie was awesome. Good luck against Canada.. they are in a bad mood!

Reactions: EK47

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
I'm curious about Rulik's assessment of the match. If I were him I would be disappointed with the result, it was simply a game for three points and they didn't manage it. With their best team in 20 years at the WJC, hence the disappointment. If I turn it around, what would the Czech defense look like without Svozil, Jirick and Spack? Well, not much... and that's how the Swedes looked today without their best defenders and still takes two points.

So it's more than I expected before the game, I just expected to lose in 60 minutes. And I don't mind that I lost some money because I trusted the Czechs. Canada will be far more difficult..especially for some defenders with poor movement, they are just too slow and the Canadian attack will wake up. Hopefully they advance through the QF to the semi-finals, that would be a good result. Even if they lost both games and were fourth.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Elias Pettersson has unfortunately been a huge liability, should get way less minutes. Odelius is also such a slow decision maker, absolutely horrible first period from him. Öhgren, Östlund and Lekkerimäki are good with the puck but keep losing all puck battles. We desperately need Carlsson back.

Looks like a typical gold medal Swedish team.
Yeah Pettersson is horrible. He should not play at all. Lets just give the minutes to Noren.

Im not suprised Czechia was better. We are missing our 5 best players.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
eh not really concerned the swes get lucky in round robin again.. but when it comes to a semi final they will fold like usual lol
Says a canadian, who cant handle czechs grit and size. We all know the refs helps the canadians, year after year lol.

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
Maybe i’m biased but the Czech got some incredibly soft penalties and the ref totally ignored a clear tripping when we were still up which would have killed the Czech momentum. Made the game more entertaining obviously. I doubt Canada would get the same treatment though if it’s 2-1 third period.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Says a canadian, who cant handle czechs grit and size. We all know the refs helps the canadians, year after year lol.

they do not but sure keep thinking of that.. and please you got one gold medal in 30 years so don't even bring up a 1 game canadian loss LOL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad