GDT: [WJC] Slovakia vs. Canada, 6pm EST 11/8/22

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
kylo-ren-more-gif.gif

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I’d like to see him replace Foerster on the second line to be honest.
Yes. Your call was right. Roy looks good on his line and Bedard's line is doing well too.

Small sample size but Roy looks better on a different line. He's probably used to having the puck all the time but that's not gonna happen playing with Bedard and McTavish.
He was setting up a lot of scoring chances so he probably is used to having the puck.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Slovakia is lucky there is no relegation this year. They have been exposed in every facet of the game.
Latvia played much closer game with Canada. They might have a chance tomorrow against Slovakia to make QF.
Slovak Ds has been the biggest joke.
Petrovicky, Strbak, Stumpel being on the roster just because of their daddy's.
Fenes as a coach is a joke. Not much difference from previous Petrovicky or Bokros.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Not much to say about this game that isn’t obvious by looking at the box score.

Garand was impressive - was a rock in net. I feel. I feel confident with him in the net going forward.

I had big issue with Roy on that first line with McTavish and Bedard. He just didn’t fit. As soon as Cameron put Othmann on that line… so much was created and that line spent much more time in the offensive zone. I hope to see Roy on the line with Johnson and Stankoven If Greig doesn’t have a bad injury.

Cuylle was very impressive in my opinion and was a hound on the puck all night. Played a really good game.

Defence was fine, Sebrango was very noticeable all night, was a rock and is the guy I’m most comfortable with as Canada’s shutdown guy. I diddn’t notice Del Monte much, but I suppose thats a positive for a defender.
Zellweger was a good in the offensive zone but was a little scrambly in his zone and was caught out of position at times.

Ostapchuk needs to work on how he receives passes, he had trouble with receptions and thinks the game a little slow. Needs to utolive his strengths more (Size and Speed) instead of trying to be a finesse player.

All and all great game for Canada - not much to complain about.

I’m off to bed lol

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Not much to say about this game that isn’t obvious by looking at the box score.

Garand was impressive - was a rock in net. I feel. I feel confident with him in the net going forward.

I had big issue with Roy on that first line with McTavish and Bedard. He just didn’t fit. As soon as Cameron put Othmann on that line… so much was created and that line spent much more time in the offensive zone. I hope to see Roy on the line with Johnson and Stankoven If Greig doesn’t have a bad injury.

Cuylle was very impressive in my opinion and was a hound on the puck all night. Played a really good game.

Defence was fine, Sebrango was very noticeable all night, was a rock and is the guy I’m most comfortable with as Canada’s shutdown guy. I diddn’t notice Del Monte much, but I suppose thats a positive for a defender.
Zellweger was a good in the offensive zone but was a little scrambly in his zone and was caught out of position at times.

Ostapchuk needs to work on how he receives passes, he had trouble with receptions and thinks the game a little slow. Needs to utolive his strengths more (Size and Speed) instead of trying to be a finesse player.

All and all great game for Canada - not much to complain about.

I’m off to bed lol
Good post. Good night.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Like I said Slovakia has produced talent for decades Chara, Gaborik, Bondra, Palffy Hossa, Demitra, Handzus etc. They belong because they develop talent one bad beating doesn't change that.

Latvia hasn't developed
You just named a bunch of guys who were good like 10-20 years ago.

How is that relevant to today?

Reactions: Ippenator

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Slovakia is lucky there is no relegation this year. They have been exposed in every facet of the game.
Latvia played much closer game with Canada. They might have a chance tomorrow against Slovakia to make QF.
Fenes as a coach is a joke. Not much difference from previous Petrovicky or Bokros.
yes austria, sweden and slovakia are lucky no relegation

• Haha
Reactions: Ippenator

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
From an outside perspective, always thought Bokros was good. Slovaks seemed to regularly over achieve under him.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
If there was relegation this year, I’ll bet some of their guys would’ve actually showed up. They are missing:
Juraj Slavkovsky (1st in 2022)
Simon Nemec (2nd in 2022)
Samuel Knazko
Martin Chromiak
Filip Mesar

They are literally missing 3 players from their Olympic Bronze campaign and 3 first round picks. That’s a whole first line and top D pairing.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
From an outside perspective, always thought Bokros was good. Slovaks seemed to regularly over achieve under him.
If you mean each year avoid a relegation you are right, his teams definitely overachieved. No relegation on his watch. The only exception was the bronze medal in 2015 when he had a bunch of really skilled guys in Reway, Cehlarik, Lantosi, Cernak, Godla.
Bokros overall is an old school type of coach who has no communication skills nor the patience for young prospects.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I swear, if some posters had their way, the "world juniors" would be a seven-game series between Canada and Russia every year or something, and every other country would get kicked out.
From 2011-2021:

USA 3 gold 1 silver 3 bronze
Finland 3 gold 1 bronze
Canada 2 gold 2 silver 1 bronze
Russia 1 gold 3 silver 3 bronze
Sweden 1 gold 3 silver 1 bronze

Russia`s lone gold was in 2011 and swedens in 2012, so I´d say its between USA, Finland and Canada nowadays.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
From 2011-2021:

USA 3 gold 1 silver 3 bronze
Finland 3 gold 1 bronze
Canada 2 gold 2 silver 1 bronze
Russia 1 gold 3 silver 3 bronze
Sweden 1 gold 3 silver 1 bronze

Russia`s lone gold was in 2011 and swedens in 2012, so I´d say its between USA, Finland and Canada nowadays.

Get it right. make an effort. 3 Gold 2015 2018 and 2020

Reactions: jonlin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad