GDT: [WJC] Slovakia vs. Canada, 6pm EST 11/8/22

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I really want to see Stankoven make a play. He’s got a lot of hype but I really haven’t noticed him.

Just had a nice pass to Bedard. Had a nice play earlier to Johnson too who missed an open net

He has been unusually passive though. Usually he's the guy with the puck on his stick but he has been deferring a lot. His line with Johnson and Foerster has no chemistry whatsoever though. He seems to be playing the bumper/net front position a lot which is unusual for him too, and they don't seem to use the players who go there

Reactions: MichaelFarrell

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So you don't actually care how competitive the team is, you care how good players who are about to turn 50 were. Interesting.

Except that they are still producing talent including the top 2 picks in the 2022 draft.

Fact is Slovakia has a proven hockey program that has consistently produced talent for decades they belong because they have proven they have proven they belong 1 bad beating doesn't change that.

Latvia hasn't proven anything for decades they don't belong

• Haha
Reactions: Ippenator

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Except that they are still producing talent including the top 2 picks in the 2022 draft.

Fact is Slovakia has a proven hockey program that has consistently produced talent for decades they belong because they have proven they have proven they belong 1 bad beating doesn't change that.

Latvia hasn't proven anything for decades they don't belong
So, once again, you don't actually care how competitive the team on the ice is, you just care about some trivial judgment call of "belonging". Sound logic. Except for one thing.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I swear, if some posters had their way, the "world juniors" would be a seven-game series between Canada and Russia every year or something, and every other country would get kicked out.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I swear, if some posters had their way, the "world juniors" would be a seven-game series between Canada and Russia every year or something, and every other country would get kicked out.
I can't imagine who would really want that. Russia is by no means a hands-down top team year over year. Look at Finland, Sweden and USA who don't take a back seat to Russia at all when it comes to what I think of as consistently high quality Junior programs.
Maybe I just don't get the gist of your comment.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I can't imagine who would really want that. Russia is by no means a hands-down top team year over year. Look at Finland, Sweden and USA who don't take a back seat to Russia at all when it comes to what I think of as consistently high quality Junior programs.
Maybe I just don't get the gist of your comment.

I'm passive-aggressively commenting on the argument about whether Latvia belongs at the tournament or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad