WJC Semifinal: Jan 3 GDT - Russia vs. Sweden

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
A continous inability to score on our chances and sloppy defense cost us the game.

The russian forwards were skilled, but they had it all too easy. You can't make mistakes like that in the defensive zone and expect to win.

Gumpen

Feb 15, 2006
On top of the world
Russia have a really talented team and for me it´s ok to lose against them in the semifinals. We had the chance in the first period but couldnt get the puck in.

I´m going to cheer for russia in the finals, cause I always cheer for the underdog! But I think Canada will win this easy.

sick

May 18, 2006
Finland
those canadiens were hilarious, although i didn't understand but the 'oohs and aahs' at the end made me laugh.

Damn.. i just love russian hockey. Mwah.

Ribban

May 16, 2005
USA
No shame losing to Russia; it never is.

Congrats Ruskies. It'll be a great final between two playing teams, but I'll give the edge to Canada nevertheless.

Let's get some Bronze crowns out of this.

Heja Sverige! Ar ni klara?!?!

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
Deserved win for Russia - Congratulations!

Sweden woke up too late. Bad coaching, and slow legs was our problem today. Maybe if Bäckström had scored on the breakaway, the story could have been different.

Anyway, gratz to Russia, i hope you beat the canadians.

I could care less for the Bronze game.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
I guess a win is a win, but I was disappointed by Russia today. They started out nervous and ran around too much instead of forcing their game on the Sweden. Even once they took control partway through the first and continued to dominate in the second, their combinational play was rather poor. The defense looked shaky today as well and the transition to offense was rather as well despite this team being put together to mainly be a counterattack team. On the whole this was probably Russia's worst game of the tournament.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
I think those 'goalposts' knocked the Swede's confidence down a notch, they struggled after that. They made an effort there in the 3rd, but it was too late

And for the guy who said Backstrom is overrated, did he play his best game? Nope, but who was the one generating a lot of those chances at the end there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad