WJC QF: Jan 2 GDT - Finland 3 vs. USA 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilooet*

I've said it before: lookout for USA. They've got nothing to lose and everything to prove, having already been the laughing stock of the tourney.

I say USA>Finland 4-2

That said, I'm rooting for the Lions.

Joretus

Wait, so this is really at 1:30 AM?

It's starting in 53mins.

And about Joensuu. He have been playing lot better in FEL than last year, but again very bad WJC. His lineup haven't helped either, but generally he have been making bad decisions and done nothing to help team for real.

Fawkes

Jan 16, 2006
I wish I'd get the TSN feed from somewhere. I hate the Finnish commentators...
Mee too. But you can always watch the game on mute! But I guess that kind of brakes the atmosphere. On the other hand so does Juusela so its actually quite the same.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Mee too. But you can always watch the game on mute! But I guess that kind of brakes the atmosphere. On the other hand so does Juusela so its actually quite the same.

I'm not a big fan of Pajuoja either. The guy can't coach for **** yet thinks he's some sort of a hockey expert... zero respect for that guy, ever since the 2005 U18 WJC...

Fawkes

Jan 16, 2006
I'm not a big fan of Pajuoja either. The guy can't coach for **** yet thinks he's some sort of a hockey expert... zero respect for that guy, ever since the 2005 U18 WJC...
Well he sucks as a coach but so far he hasnt bothered me as a commentator. He knows a lot of those players personally so he kind of knows what he´s talking about. But at the same time he doesnt really criticise any of the player and tries defend guys who are playing really bad. For example against Swiss (?) Joensuu had a break-away and he shot right at the goalie. Pajuoja´s response to this was something like "normally Jesse would have scored from that place". Give me break! Joensuu wouldnt score a goal in this tournament even if he would have a empty net in front of him! I think Juusela is much worse, man I hate that guy.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Just saw the line-ups and Huhtanen is the 13th forward. I think it's a good choice, since he hasn't brought anything to the team. Sandell is taking his place in the Komarov-Joensuu line.

While I would've loved to see Joensuu benched for his poor performance, I still think he has more potential to score than Huhtanen ever will.

I wish Tolvanen would've had the courage to try Enlund in that line as well and drop Komarov to the third line.

Fawkes

Jan 16, 2006
It seems that Tolvanen has after all made some changes to the line ups. Sandell replaces Huhtanen in the 2nd line. And now the 3rd line is in the form of Sopanen-Enlund-Aaltonen. That sounds quite scary, especially Sopanen who I dont think is qood enough to play in these kind of games.

Joretus

It seems that Tolvanen has after all made some changes to the line ups. Sandell replaces Huhtanen in the 2nd line. And now the 3rd line is in the form of Sopanen-Enlund-Aaltonen. That sounds quite scary, especially Sopanen who I dont think is qood enough to play in these kind of games.

Komarov isn't 2nd line player. Not now, not in the future. He is good fit for 3rd/4th line. Every1 should see that, well except Tolvanen...

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
The benching of Huhtanen and his performance so far really makes me wonder why players like Puustinen and Nyholm aren't on this team...

Fawkes

Jan 16, 2006
EroSennin said:
I wish Tolvanen would've had the courage to try Enlund in that line as well and drop Komarov to the third line.
I agree. Sandell-Enlund-Joensuu would have been worth trying. 3rd line could have been something like Huhtanen-Komarov-Aaltonen. On the other hand why choose Sopanen to the team if you´re not going to give him a chance. I just have bad feeling about this junior league line. Hope I´m wrong.

The benching of Huhtanen and his performance so far really makes me wonder why players like Puustinen and Nyholm aren't on this team...
Agree also on this one. Also after seeing Lehtivuori struggle it might have been a good idea to choose Heikkinen wouldnt it Jarmo?

Kaktus*

Hopefully USA radio announcer is not drunk this time. :dunce:

6 more minutes to go?

bling

Jun 23, 2004
I guess they were just teasing us. Now my Center Ice Menu no longer has the game listed. :confused:

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Agree also on this one. Also after seeing Lehtivuori struggle it might have been a good idea to choose Heikkinen wouldnt it Jarmo?

Ah, so I'm not the only one who noticed Lehtivuori's struggles. Jatkoaika.com had an article and they gave him a pretty good review while bashing every other D-man outside Laakso, Jalvanti and him. I agree with Jalvanti and Laakso playing good (Jalvanti is one of Tolvanen's choices that I really didn't understand at first, but he's been good so far), but Lehtivuori has been a disappointment. I expected a better performance from him, especially since he's had so much SM-liiga experience already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad