WJC pool drafting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
To me, it's MORE justifiable. We can't predict injuries, but we can predict who will and won't be cut (at least those of us that do our homework).

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:
To me, it's MORE justifiable. We can't predict injuries, but we can predict who will and won't be cut (at least those of us that do our homework).

Look, we can't do anything with the injuries, but we can do something with the players who has been cut. Be fair.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
markov` said:
It would not be fun for those whose players are cut. Understand it. They will not steal any of your picks anyway.
No, but they may have an advantage of being able to pick players now that the rosters (and lines) are pretty much set in stone.

It might not be fun to have a player cut, but it's also not fun to specifically target players that weren't going to get cut only to find out later that we are going to have what is basically a second-chance draft.

Anyway, my final selection;

Moniteau selects Siarhei Kolasau (alias Sergei Kolosov), D of Belarus.

And my final roster:

Nilsson - Malkin - Tukonen
Romy - Pestunov - Lisin

Hedman - Sekera
Sersen - Kolasau

Halak

Last edited:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
BuppY said:
how about we have a vote on this re-draft thing. Lets see how many are in favour of it and how many arn't.

Or we could let markov decide since he's the one that organized this draft? I admit I'm biased since I had a player cut, but I don't get the whining about getting to select a replacement at the end of the draft. Who cares?

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
The rule was put in place at the start so the G.M's should have picked their players wisely, and not gambled. Hontesly if I knew that rule was in place I would have taken Perry earlier and I think it is unfair for me and some other G.M's who took the safer approach. You can't make a rule and than change it in middle of the draft, that isn't fair. If the player is injured than the G.M should and be able to replace him with another player. For a player being cut, that is there loss, I tried to be safe as possible. None of the G.M's hands were tide they knew what they were going up against if the player is cut it is his loss. Even if one of my players is cut I still will be against this.

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
From an outsider's view:

The re-draft would be a good thing, it makes it more competitive, which, in-turn, would make it more fun for everyone involved. I see no problem with it, it really won't make or break the pool, so why not? It kinda levels the playing field and people who were unfortunate enough to have players cut or hurt have a shot at winining the pool. If you have an injured/cut guy, they would be in tough to win the pool.

Make things a little bit closer, good idea IMO.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
Or we could let markov decide since he's the one that organized this draft? I admit I'm biased since I had a player cut, but I don't get the whining about getting to select a replacement at the end of the draft. Who cares?
Who cares? If it's such a minor detail then why don't we just skip the supplemental draft.

? It kinda levels the playing field and people who were unfortunate enough to have players cut or hurt have a shot at winining the pool.

One of the points I've been harping on is that it appears as though markov is going to allow cut players to be replaced, but not injured players.

It levels the playing field, but if someone wins with one or two new additions that victory is, IMO, tainted.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
kris said:
From an outsider's view:

The re-draft would be a good thing, it makes it more competitive, which, in-turn, would make it more fun for everyone involved. I see no problem with it, it really won't make or break the pool, so why not? It kinda levels the playing field and people who were unfortunate enough to have players cut or hurt have a shot at winining the pool. If you have an injured/cut guy, they would be in tough to win the pool.

Make things a little bit closer, good idea IMO.

What I don't understand is thsi was brought up before in this pool and everytone was against it than but now everyone wnats it, I don't understand the rules should ahve been outlined at the start. I understand where your comming from with the pool being more competitive.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
my outsider opinion:

It's part of this pool experience. Everyone who plays these things know what to expect. Last season a lot of people picked Heatley, and he went down before the season began. People picked Hasek, they picked Kovalchuk much lower. People pick Holmes in the top 5 every year and every year he gets injured. If you are in these pools you take luck and injuries as part of your planning and you know it takes these to win them. This pool shouldn't be any different, it's not like you'll catch a break anywhere else, this has all the elements of the other pools you've all participated in and it shouldn't be anything shocking or surprising to see.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Jacobv2 said:
Who cares? If it's such a minor detail then why don't we just skip the supplemental draft.

One of the points I've been harping on is that it appears as though markov is going to allow cut players to be replaced, but not injured players.

It levels the playing field, but if someone wins with one or two new additions that victory is, IMO, tainted.

Since the tournament hasn't started yet, I say let cut and injured players be replaced. They're going to be 3rd class anyway.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
littleHossa said:
my outsider opinion:

It's part of this pool experience. Everyone who plays these things know what to expect. Last season a lot of people picked Heatley, and he went down before the season began. People picked Hasek, they picked Kovalchuk much lower. People pick Holmes in the top 5 every year and every year he gets injured. If you are in these pools you take luck and injuries as part of your planning and you know it takes these to win them. This pool shouldn't be any different, it's not like you'll catch a break anywhere else, this has all the elements of the other pools you've all participated in and it shouldn't be anything shocking or surprising to see.

tell me about it :cry: I took heatley 4th overall and a week later, that incident took place. I still finished 5th but aww welll.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
agreed. there's no reason that teams should be incomplete. when all other teams have selected...anyone with cut or hurt players should be allowed to fill in with whatever's left. i think that would add an element of "steal" to it.

RaTcine

Oct 17, 2003
Ghetto Noré Bôgran
Maybe we could offer the chance to teams that have 0 cut or injuries to change players if they want too...sometimes you find some darkhorses that you didnt know about earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad