WJC Impact players???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobasew07

Dec 7, 2003
Jeff Tambellini => reminds me of Mike Cammalleri (same NHL team, both played for Michigan at College, good scorer)

Ryan Getzslaf => a power forward who could skate pretty well for his size, I'm pulling for him.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
For Sweden the obvious choice is Alex Steen. One of few players in this tournament that would qualify as a star in a men's league.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I think Canada's impact players will be

Defence Dion Phaneuf- This guy is a beast to play against and I am going to love see him nailing people. He can also score too but his skating will be his weakness.

Forward Anthony Stewart- He may not be Canada's leading scorer but he is going to send fear into opposing team's defencemen. His forecheck is going to create a lot of scoring chances.

thestonedkoala

Burns had some great games leading up to the picking of the Canadian team. He'll look good out there. And hell I think Harding is going to be fun to watch, he beat out three other very solid goaltenders.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
thestonedkoala said:
Burns had some great games leading up to the picking of the Canadian team. He'll look good out there. And hell I think Harding is going to be fun to watch, he beat out three other very solid goaltenders.

Harding may get in one game against a weaker team, but he certainly isn't going to be an impact player unless Fleury completely craps the bed.

thestonedkoala

True on that Epilson...

Heh, maybe Fleury will beg Lemeiux to play with the WJC team forever because they actually have a team in front of him.

SORRY PEN FANS!

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
thestonedkoala said:
True on that Epilson...

Heh, maybe Fleury will beg Lemeiux to play with the WJC team forever because they actually have a team in front of him.

SORRY PEN FANS!

As bad as the Pens may be, they would beat the Canadian WJC team probably 9 times out of 10.

thestonedkoala

Probably...they do have a lot of good youth coming through.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
For Canada, I don't see there being one impact player right now. Carter, Getzlaf, Stewart and Burns are all big guys who can dominate physically and offensively. But at the same time, you have Tambellini, Richards, Crosby, Dawes and so on and so forth that are smaller guys. Canada unlike in some years past, doesn't have a go-to guy on offence. That being said, I bet one of Carter, Getzlaf or Burns (the #1 line probably) will lead the team in scoring. Obviously, Fleury is Canada's impact player. Coburn is the top defenceman, but won't be considered an impact player unless he contributes offensively, which is not his style.

I think O'Sullivan, Suter and Eaves will lead the American squad, Barulin along with Ovechkin and Malkin for the Russian team. Toivenen is the key for Finland, and Steen and Nilsson are huge for Sweden. Hudler and Fleischman are the top players for the Czechs, although as for Schwarz, I'm not sure he'll get the nod over Mensator. Vrana is huge for the Slovaks and Ramholt, Bartschi and Romy are the keys for Switzerland.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
thestonedkoala said:

Your idea of fun CAN'T be watching someone sit on a gench for 2 1/2 hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad