WJC Group A: Dec 28 GDT - USA vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newfie John

Hall of Famer
Jul 3, 2005
Is Ramo starting for sure? Kind of unfair to take out Rask after being hung out to dry against Canada, and Rask was looking real good in the 3rd period of that game.

espo*

I expect at least a 5 goal spread for the States in this game too.Finland is of course much tougher then Norway but they showed some areas that can't help but be a concern,especially with an offensively loaded team like the Americans.The Finns don't have the most effective or talented d-men at all and that does'nt bode well against the team they'll face at all.They really gave up against Canada the other night when they went down 2-0................took the life right out of them.They will need to up their intensity and commitment to make a game with the U.S today. I do expect a win by about 4-5 goals for the americans today.But i'm willing to have Finland come out with their best effort and surprise me though.Still,even if that happens.................i don't think it could be enough for them to actually beat the States today

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Newfie John said:
Is Ramo starting for sure? Kind of unfair to take out Rask after being hung out to dry against Canada, and Rask was looking real good in the 3rd period of that game.

Ramo and Rask were 1a/1b heading in to the tournament and from what I've read on this board Rask looked shaky in net and didn't have any rebound control. I'm not sure if it's official Ramo is starting, but he deserves a shot after Rask was subpar against Canada.

Jokerit

Aug 18, 2004
Wed, December 28th -- for some reason I can't find the channel for it on DirecTV Center Ice, what am i doing wrong?

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
online stream

Is there anywhere online that I can see this game?

Any other channels in canada that will be airing this game?
I noticed that tsn is re-playing the game at 1pmET tomorrow.

Anyhelp would be appreciated!

Hockeycanada*

Who is starting for Finland?
If Rask, 8-3 US victory.
If Ramo, 4-3 Finland.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
I said before the games that Rämö will surprise a lot of people and I am hoping today he starts doing so. Keeping this game even moderately close would be good. But if we get some offense, Finland can win this game too.

3-2 for Finland.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
psycho_dad said:
I said before the games that Rämö will surprise a lot of people and I am hoping today he starts doing so. Keeping this game even moderately close would be good. But if we get some offense, Finland can win this game too.

3-2 for Finland.
im not saying finland cant win. but there is NO way you hold us to 2 goals. you are gonna have to score 5+ to beat the americans. and i dont see that happening. im hoping for a good game though, as the players need to play in a competitive game before they play a really good team later on. it wont be good if their first difficult situation is against a team like canada

X-SHARKIE

Jokerit said:
Wed, December 28th -- for some reason I can't find the channel for it on DirecTV Center Ice, what am i doing wrong?

Dont' worry it will show up. I have the same issue, I scroll to see when its on the next day and there is not mention of it.

Then game time strikes and it's on.

Also turn to any channel of Center Ice tomorow and it will have it their main list.

But for some reason on the actual channel it doesn't have any mention of the game.

So it will be on tomorow for sure, but it's not on the listing for the day ahead.

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
7-2

Kessel with 2 goals 3 assists
Bourque 2 goals 2 assists
Schremp 3 goals
E Johnson 4 assists

Rask or Ramo pulled in the 2nd

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
A fairly even game, but I doubt Finland has the depth this year to win .. 4-1 or 5-2 USA. Especially the D sucks this year. But those of you expecting a rout are going to be very suprised. Korpikoski and Lindgren score for Finland.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Jokerit said:

Try channel 540. That's what it is on on Dish Network and I think the CI channel numbers are the same on both.

VladNYC*

What's with Finland having a russian guy on their team? Leo Komarov i think is his name. Didn't he get kick out of the game last time? Sounds like an exciting guy. Too bad i haven't seen him play yet.

Game will depend on if the USA can capitalize on the many Penalties this game will have. I am rooting for Finland but my guess is 4:2 USA.

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
VladNYC said:
What's with Finland having a russian guy on their team? Leo Komarov i think is his name. Didn't he get kick out of the game last time? Sounds like an exciting guy. Too bad i haven't seen him play yet.

Game will depend on if the USA can capitalize on the many Penalties this game will have. I am rooting for Finland but my guess is 4:2 USA.

Actually Leo Komarov is orginally Estonian I think.. Anyway he plays a typically Finnish game; feisty, solid defensively, good wheels and medoicre hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad