Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Hockeycanada said:
Who is starting for Finland?
If Rask, 8-3 US victory.
If Ramo, 4-3 Finland.

USA 8 - Finland 3

Ramo starts in goal and lets in 6 goals in the 1st 2 periods ..Rask plays the 3rd after the goalie change

hockeydad15

May 1, 2004
knight44 said:
7-2

Kessel with 2 goals 3 assists
Bourque 2 goals 2 assists
Schremp 3 goals
E Johnson 4 assists

Rask or Ramo pulled in the 2nd
I just hope Schremp is played like he should be!!! By far the best player out there. Give him half the ice time Kessel and Bourque and see what happens, as far as that goes, give ME half their ice time and i'll score 5goals. Quit the POLITICS!!!!!!!!

Zetterberg4Captain*

4-1 USA. Ramo plays outstanding as USA outshoots Finland 45-25. USA is to highpowered for Finland to stop and I think this will be another pretty easy game for the US of A.

USA!

Dec 26, 2004
HockeyCanada.ca says in the game preview that Rask will most likely be in net. :dunno:

espo*

USA! said:
HockeyCanada.ca says in the game preview that Rask will most likely be in net. :dunno:
i've come not to trust them that much.They seem to be slow and sloppy on that website getting things up.I don't know who is in control and keeps care of the site but.............i'm underwhelmed so far.

DevilFisch

Jan 11, 2003
Edison, NJ
www.inlouwetrust.com
I hope the USA beats Finland. With my minimal knowledge, I will guess a 4-2 victory.

Incidentally, I don't think the link to the IIHF boxscore/update page for the game works? I keep checking and refreshing it, but all I get is HTML code.

St.Louis sports fan

Mar 1, 2002
St. Louis
Visit site
Any chance Bobby Ryan will see more icetime tonight? I think at some point he will have to be a factor. I just don't get a 2nd overall pick and top 3 OHL scorer as the 13th forward. Is he hurt or does Kyle think he has 12 better forwards?

sammyp

Dec 2, 2005
Laguna Niguel, CA
St.Louis sports fan said:
Any chance Bobby Ryan will see more icetime tonight? I think at some point he will have to be a factor. I just don't get a 2nd overall pick and top 3 OHL scorer as the 13th forward. Is he hurt or does Kyle think he has 12 better forwards?

No, it's just the whole thing about Ryan going to play in the OHL.

I guess it's a controversy because he's from NJ, but the guy is too good to be sitting on the bench in a tournament showcasing young talent.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I predict 7-3 USA, Schremp 2-2-4, Kessel 2-1-3, Ryan 2-1-3, J.Johnson 1-2-3 will be the scoring leaders.

Transported Upstater

76over39 said:
No, it's just the whole thing about Ryan going to play in the OHL.

I guess it's a controversy because he's from NJ, but the guy is too good to be sitting on the bench in a tournament showcasing young talent.

Agreed. That was ridiculous.

joe_shannon_1983*

I think that Finland is about to take the biggest beating of their lives in this game.

USA!

Dec 26, 2004
ferns8916 said:
I think that Finland is about to take the biggest beating of their lives in this game.

I sure hope the US doesnt come to play like Canada did :biglaugh:

USA!

Dec 26, 2004
Richard_Zednik said:
ha ha your funny... :dunno: the ref slowed the game down like MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD it was like playing in mallasses

I m not saying they didnt but the game was called both ways :biglaugh:

USA!

Dec 26, 2004
Richard_Zednik said:
switzerland is creating some good players, Sprunger, Diaz, Blum and Berra or whatever the goalies name is. Some real good players. They played a trap defence.

Ahh the trap :cry: kinda like the wild :shakehead

Transported Upstater

USA! said:
Ahh the trap :cry: kinda like the wild :shakehead

You know full well what would happen if Switzerland started pretending they were the 1984 Edmonton Oilers; they'd get the crap kicked out of them.

Expect undermanned teams to trap. If you are noticeably better than a team, you should beat them most of the time, regardless of what style they play.

USA!

Dec 26, 2004
TransportedUpstater said:
You know full well what would happen if Switzerland started pretending they were the 1984 Edmonton Oilers; they'd get the crap kicked out of them.

Expect undermanned teams to trap. If you are noticeably better than a team, you should beat them most of the time, regardless of what style they play.

I agree its just a very very boring style of hockey to watch. But I guess if the team has to play the trap so be it :)

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
tsn

TSN was originally supposed to show this game at 11pm tonight according to the TV guide, but looks like they opted instead to show the Nashville Predators against the Vancouver Canucks.... BS I say. I would rather see the WJC in Toronto than a Canucks game..:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad