GDT: WJC Gold Medal Game - Team USA (Galchenyuk) vs. Team Sweden (Collberg)

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
That sequence 2 minutes ago that looked dangerous...in Sarnia, I think he just attacks down the middle. In this tourney, he goes on LW and the play turns into nothing.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
That sequence 2 minutes ago that looked dangerous...in Sarnia, I think he just attacks down the middle. In this tourney, he goes on LW and the play turns into nothing.

He's clearly not at ease on the wings though isn't where he mostly plays in Sarnia? Does he has more liberty there than for the US? 'Cause I often see him not well positioned. Doesn't seem to be able to catch the open spots even if he doesn't get the puck...he's not often in a position to get it.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
He's clearly not at ease on the wings though isn't where he mostly plays in Sarnia? Does he has more liberty there than for the US? 'Cause I often see him not well positioned. Doesn't seem to be able to catch the open spots even if he doesn't get the puck...he's not often in a position to get it.

Seems like he's more comfortable in the center of the ice

x15Kotkaniemi15x

May 22, 2011
Toronto
josh gorges ‏@jgorges26

Tough tournament for canada but if they can't win would love to see #futurehab @AGally94 win gold! Can't believe myself chearing for USA

Captain material.

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
Omfg how many times will I have to see this friggin commercial with the kid on the toilet with a helmet on...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Not sure where anybody gets that Galchenyuk is a poor skater, I find he is well above average, he isn't always at full speed but has good acceleration and quick change of direction. He is more the type to let the game come to him than a "chicken with it's head cut off".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad