PGT: WJC Gold Medal Game | Finland Win Gold Over USA 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Didn't he get 1+1 vs Swiss?...hmm...i guess i was wrong, nevertheless, 4 poäng isn't that bad in 6 games for a d-man,
besides....

You’re right, on the surface, 4 points in 6 games isn’t “that bad” for a d-man. But for a 19 year old 1st round pick who has been gifted the #1D and #1PPQB positions on a powerhouse team? It is absolutely underwhelming on paper.

On the ice, he has objectively been outplayed by most other teams’ #1D. Alexeyev has had a much better tournament. Brannstrom outclassed him on the same sheet of ice and still leads him in scoring despite Sweden being eliminated. Anderson has also been better.

As you eluded to in your first post, expectations for this WJC were much higher for Jokiharju, a 19 year old 1st round pick in his draft+2 year who is getting NHL time. He has fallen short of those expectations so far.

sooni

Oct 23, 2014
Vaasa
This game will be nasty one sided slaughtery. USA will be outplayed everyway. 7-2 for Finland. Tolvanen with hatty and Ylonen with 2goals.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I see a lot of salty Canadians. Why? because you couldn't score 14 goals against the Finns???
I mean, they really got unlucky in that Finland game. I'm not complaining, because its always fun when they crash out of a tournament especially in Canada, but that is some rotten luck.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Finland is showing that their hockey is tactically far ahead of North Americans.

In fact Tampa Bay is emulating Team Finland's puck control hockey and we can all see the results. NHL is just lagging 5-7 years behind of FEL tactically.
Liiga > NHL ainec

MoeTheHobo

Jan 24, 2017
Wow have you heard about this powerhouse that Finland are most definitely going to get smashed by?? A true top 4 team that tier 3 Finland have no chance against

Reactions: Stubu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad