PGT: WJC Gold Medal Game | Finland Win Gold Over USA 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
GMG.jpg

Full Tournament Schedule: IIHF - Schedule and Results 2019 IIHF World Junior Championship
Game Info: Game Summary

full

United States
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Kyle Keyser (G)
Spencer Knight (G)
Cayden Primeau (G)

Defensemen:
Michael Anderson (D)
Quinn Hughes (D)
Philip Kemp (D)
K'Andre Miller (D)
Dylan Samberg (D)
Mattias Samuelsson (D)
Jack St. Ivany (D)

Forwards:
Evan Barratt (C)
Noah Cates (LW)
Alexander Chmelevski (C/RW)
Logan Cockerill (LW)
Jack Drury (C)
Joel Farabee (LW)
Jack Hughes (C)
Tyler Madden (C)
Josh Norris (C)
Jay O'Brien (C)
Ryan Poehling (C)
Jason Robertson (LW)
Oliver Wahlstrom (RW)

Scratched:

full

Finland
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Lassi Lehtinen (G)
Filip Lindberg (G)
Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (G)

Defensemen:
Henri Jokiharju (D)
Ville Heinola (D)
Anttoni Honka (D)
Oskari Laaksonen (D)
Otto Latvala (D)
Toni Utunen (D)
Urho Vaakanainen (D)

Forwards:
Teemu Engberg (LW/RW)
Aleksi Heponiemi (C)
Kaapo Kakko (RW)
Rasmus Kupari (C)
Anton Lundell (C/LW)
Sami Moilanen (LW/RW)
Linus Nyman (LW/RW)
Valtteri Puustinen (LW)
Aarne Talvitie (C)
Eeli Tolvanen (LW/RW)
Samuli Vainionpää (F/D)
Santeri Virtanen (C)
Jesse Ylönen (RW)

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

Last edited:

Jokerit 16

Feb 8, 2018
Finland
Finland: has slow start for the tournament. They have been playing Against Canada and Swiss Really Good. If they continue playing that way we are going to win gold!

Our best players has improment they playing. Hopefully we heard this announcement in June who picks first overall: we are proud to select from TPS Turku Finnish Elite liga Kaapo Kakko!

This was a little bit provocative, but Its just a mine opinion...

Last edited:

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Now that Canada has been eliminated, my fellow Canadian fans are scuttling away from this match like roaches from a drowning corpse. Sell, sell, sell. Perfect time to grab a pair of lower bowl premium seat $1,200 gold medal tickets for under $400.

Last chance for Jokiharju and Tolvanen to salvage their tournaments. I will keep a close eye on both guys (along with Kakko and Hughes of course) and give my thoughts afterward.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Now that Canada has been eliminated, my fellow Canadian fans are scuttling away from this match like roaches from a drowning corpse. Sell, sell, sell. Perfect time to grab a pair of lower bowl premium seat $1,200 gold medal tickets for under $400.

Last chance for Jokiharju and Tolvanen to salvage their tournaments. I will keep a close eye on both guys (along with Kakko and Hughes of course) and give my thoughts afterward.

Jokiharju has 2+3 in this tournament... Sure for Tolvanen, but Jokiharju has been somewhat great,
although i expected him pot at least 10 points, so there's that.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Should be a great game.....hope the Americans can bring home the gold

Must remain disciplined on defense and capitalize on offense opportunities

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
Finland will get their revenge! Either way should be a great game, i expect the game to be close until the end where the other team runs away with it. 5-2 for Finland.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I have to pull for the Yanks in this one.

if only just to pour a little more salt into Hockey Canada's wound. I'd like to think that the Americans winning their 4th. title this decade to our 2 would stick in Hockey Canada's craw just a little and motivate them to reevaluate and make improvements to the POE., but I'm probably just being naïve.

Regardless, should be a great GMG.

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
Finland is showing that their hockey is tactically far ahead of North Americans.

In fact Tampa Bay is emulating Team Finland's puck control hockey and we can all see the results. NHL is just lagging 5-7 years behind of FEL tactically.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
You all are gonna be disappointed when the Refs decide "hey we awarded these goal" and credit them to themselves and the final score ends up Refs 10,000 USA 0 Finland 0, :sarcasm::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Should be a good game, I'm not to fussed who wins, I just hope it's entertaining.

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
Only because Canada is out of the picture , this is a dream final for me . I actually don't have a preference who wins this game , sharing the gold and silver is good enough for me . Congrats to both , even before the game starts.

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
Finland is establishing true international dominance. Canada, Sweden being dusted and left behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad