GDT: WJC Gold Medal Game Canada vs Russia 1/5/15 8:00pm EST TSN 1,4,5

Mathradio

Drive for 25
Oct 11, 2010
consanguinephysics.wordpress.com
There is one thing that makes me cringe when I listen to these French-language commentators: they should say either "X a gagné de la quantité de mouvement" or "X a gagné de l'impulsion" rather than "X a gagné du momentum"... It's glaringly obvious that the use of the word momentum in that context comes from physics.

That said, it may well be my physics background playing me some tricks...

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Can you imagine the pressure on Fucale? Habs draft pick playing in Montreal for the gold?

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Very immature but fast paced game so far. I know everyone keeps saying it so its probably making me notice but fucale is not good at rebound control and if he doesn't get better at it it could end up costing him once he turns pro.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Can you imagine the pressure on Fucale? Habs draft pick playing in Montreal for the gold?
That's in Toronto but yeah. I don't understand why he gets so many negative comments. He's solid so far.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Very immature but fast paced game so far. I know everyone keeps saying it so its probably making me notice but fucale is not good at rebound control and if he doesn't get better at it it could end up costing him once he turns pro.
When he turns pro he get better assistance and coaching time than juniors.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Fucale is only 19. You mean he's not perfect? What a disappointment. :sarcasm:

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
There is one thing that makes me cringe when I listen to these French-language commentators: they should say either "X a gagné de la quantité de mouvement" or "X a gagné de l'impulsion" rather than "X a gagné du momentum"... It's glaringly obvious that the use of the word momentum in that context comes from physics.

That said, it may well be my physics background playing me some tricks...

There's quite a few that don't make sense. The expression "quantum leap" you seem to see everywhere now couldn't be more different in meaning than what people mean to say. A quantum leap is the smallest "leap" you can find in the universe. The infamous exception that proves the rule makes no sense too :P

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
so apparently MB said Lehkonen was still recovering from mono?

I was wondering if he was hurt or something since his production's slipped in the SHL as well. Good news! kind of...

68*

Question: what will be Fuchale's trade value if he wins the gold medal tonight?

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Nurse look like he's on a mission, I didn't notice him much before tonight.

That McDavid guy is going to be something. Nice goal.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Probably the same value of the draft pick he was selected with, unless a GM falls in love with his play at the WJHC.

-----

McDealwithit!!

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
What I'm wondering is what his value going to be once he win the Calder Cup in a couple of years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad