WJC: Dec 29 GDT - Germany vs. Canada

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
He hasn't been entirely sharp and has made some low percentage plays, but has not cost the team like some of the other "innocent" players have. And conveniently no one points out the good plays he's made.

Right, because hockey fans across the country have it in for the London Knights.

cstu

May 6, 2004
He hasn't been entirely sharp and has made some low percentage plays, but has not cost the team like some of the other "innocent" players have. And conveniently no one points out the good plays he's made.

Well, considering he's only made a few good plays all tourney and he's on the ice for every PP, can you blame people?

David McConnor

Unregistered User
Aug 30, 2006
Alert, Nunavut
Well, considering he's only made a few good plays all tourney and he's on the ice for every PP, can you blame people?

I don't blame people because I can understand why they'd be jealous of the London Knights.

And if you want to say he's only made a few good plays, it's as much and more as most of the individual players on this team have made.

lilooet*

He hasn't been entirely sharp

If by 'not entirely sharp' you mean duller than a German scrimmage, then I entirely agree.
...and has made some low percentage plays
No. It's not low percentage - it's having the puck repeatedly taken away from him along the boards and then, on the few plays in which he retains the puck, making wildly errant passes.

but [he] has not cost the team like some of the other "innocent" players have.
He hasn't cost the team because he's not on the ice for anything other than the pp, where he's been awful, as mentioned above. As for the other players, who, exactly, did you have in mind?

And conveniently no one points out the good plays he's made.

I'm all for celebrating the good plays. Which ones are you talking about?

I'm not being hard on the kid, and I fully understand he's only 17; he did, however, make the team, and with that comes responsibility.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
I don't blame people because I can understand why they'd be jealous of the London Knights.

And if you want to say he's only made a few good plays, it's as much and more as most of the individual players on this team have made.

Most people aren't "hating" him because he's a Knight. Its because he's a defensive liability and his cutesie passes and plays have NOT been working.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky

Oh boy. This may come as a shock to you, but I think you'll find most people here don't really care that much about junior hockey aside from evaluating players as NHL prospects. Certainly not to the point of picking on players on a national team because of what junior team they play for.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
Oh boy. This may come as a shock to you, but I think you'll find most people here don't really care that much about junior hockey aside from evaluating players as NHL prospects. Certainly not to the point of picking on players on a national team because of what junior team they play for.

You'll have to forgive Lime. He thinks the whole world revolves around his precious Knights, and that if you don't get down on your knees and thank God for the London Knights, then you are a moron.

David McConnor

Unregistered User
Aug 30, 2006
Alert, Nunavut
If by 'not entirely sharp' you mean duller than a German scrimmage, then I entirely agree.

No. It's not low percentage - it's having the puck repeatedly taken away from him along the boards and then, on the few plays in which he retains the puck, making wildly errant passes.

You're overexaggerating as much as you can. There have been a few instances on the PP where he's underestimated the opposition penalty killers, and it's led to the puck being cleared out of the zone. That's the extent to how he's cost the team.

As for the other players, who, exactly, did you have in mind?

I've mentioned their faults throughout this thread.

I'm all for celebrating the good plays. Which ones are you talking about?

Elite calibre one-on-one play against the US where he got behind the defenseman and still retained the puck. He's one of maybe 3 or 4 players in this whole tournament capable of pulling that off.

espo*

Tough game.The good thing is they are getting the offensive opportunities now,the bad news is that the goalie is doing what he did in the U.S game and stopping them.A lot of ill advised long passes that were picked off though,bad decisions brought on by frustration and lack of patience and that's just what the Germans want.While we started to break the Germans in front of the net they are still skating well as a team and even finding their offensive stride on Canadian mistakes.

This team has a long haul to win it all,they are short on pure offensive guys that can pick the net with ease and regularity.

it's been a pretty good game to watch though,Canada-Germany games usually are'nt esthetically pleasing but the Germans are giving us all we all handle(and not just by bottling us up) this year and the actions been brisk.

3rd coming up.

Kaktus*

I do not know but I am impressed with this German team. This is the best team ever for them. IMO. They always sucked in WJC and I mean always. I can not even remember the last time I saw them good.

Maybe Canada made them look better then they actually are. canada is off their game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad