WJC All-star team so far?

Urgi

Dec 25, 2008
My team:

Lehner

T.Erixon R.Ellis

Tarasenko B.Schenn P.Cehlin

Imo T.Erixon has been the best defender in the tourney so far, very impressed with what i have seen.

Have probably missed some player that should be "obvious" on this team but this is what came to my mind first.

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia
My team:

Lehner

T.Erixon R.Ellis

Imo T.Erixon has been the best defender in the tourney so far, very impressed with what i have seen.

Have probably missed some player that should be "obvious" on this team but this is what came to my mind first.

I'd agree with pretty much everything. Only change would be Jack Campbell in net over Lehner. Ortio would be ahead of Lehner for me as well.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I don't think Lehner should be there. Ortio and JC have been better

Urgi

Dec 25, 2008
Yeah i thought so too, Lehner wasnt very good yesterday

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
My team:

Lehner

T.Erixon R.Ellis

I would definitely put Ortio ahead of Lehner. Ellis doesn't belong on the all star team, there have been better defencemen from most of the decent teams.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
I would definitely put Ortio ahead of Lehner. Ellis doesn't belong on the all star team, there have been better defencemen from most of the decent teams.

Anytime a defensemen's second in tournament scoring he's probably going to be on the allstar team...

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia
If it was picked today, it would be tough with D. Orlov has 8 points and +6. Ellis has 8 points (more goals) and is +3. Erixon has been really good, but has 3 points and is +5 (i think).

Luckily there's several games left to pick.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
My team:

Lehner

T.Erixon R.Ellis

I'm not sold on Ellis. Sure; he's a great QB, but also slow Hal Gill-slow (exaggeration;)) and hasn't impressed me defensively. Lehner has had one great game, one really mediocer. Must be a better goalie in the WJC so far?

Also, in a tourny like this you shouldn't focus too much on points alone. It's easy to rack up a lot of them in a win against Norway 10-1, but tou need to show what you're made of against the best too.

Last edited:

Padlock

Mar 8, 2009
I'd have Ortio instead of Lehner, and the D is tough with Orlov, Erixon and Ellis. I'd have to take Orlov and Erixon though. I think the forwards are right on in the first post

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
From what i've seen Campbell has been the best goalie, Erixon the best defender and Tarasenko is flat out scary every time he has the puck even though no forward has been way better than the other I think he's a good pick for the best forward so far

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I nominate J.Larsson as the unsung hero for Sweden so far. He's 40-12 at the dot, that's of huge importance.

Pyke*

I'm not sold on Ellis. Sure; he's a great QB, but also slow Hal Gill-slow (exaggeration;)) and hasn't impressed me defensively. Lehner has had one great game, one really mediocer. Must be a better goalie in the WJC so far?

Also, in a tourny like this you shouldn't focus too much on points alone. It's easy to rack up a lot of them in a win against Norway 10-1, but tou need to show what you're made of against the best too.

Ellis has 8 points (easily 2nd in tournament scoring) and is the leading point getter for defensemen in the tournament all-time. Like him or hate him, he has to be on the all-star team.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
What about the disappointment All-Star team? Sure I'd put Bobkov in net and Kuznetsov as forward...

sour grapes...Kuznetsov has disappointed me too, but he's been picking it up, while Bobkov only allowed 1,5 bad goals and got benched, there are goalies who did much worse and are still starting. While I like Bragin, he only believes in the domestic players, he's still a soviet coach, but it's his job and he will live and die with his POV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad