• Latvia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slovakia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Ludvig “Future Forsling” Jansson named one of the two all star Ds with Jiricek who was drafted sixth in same draft. Lost out the the top D award to Jiricek but was tied for sixth in scoring. Tied for both most points for D and points for team Sweden.

We have a new top three prospect!

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Kos scored the equalizer to 2-2; overall 5 points in 7 games playing on the third line. Didn't stand out but he is a 6th round pick; if he's going to be even a depth player, it's at least 5 years away.

Reactions: violaswallet

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Ludvig “Future Forsling” Jansson named one of the two all star Ds with Jiricek who was drafted sixth in same draft. Lost out the the top D award to Jiricek but was tied for sixth in scoring. Tied for both most points for D and points for team Sweden.

For me is this always hard to guess, is this a joke or might be true.

Let´s say it was not a joke, good for his own development on international Level.
For the overall you have to look where he looked good or bad. Games against Canada or Czech are different to score, as Games against Austria, Latvia or Germany.
But to be annouced as an Allstar in a youth Tournament, big step. To hit your best Game on the right Point at Time is hard to do.
Hope his process goes on and he work on his Game.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
For me is this always hard to guess, is this a joke or might be true.

Let´s say it was not a joke, good for his own development on international Level.
For the overall you have to look where he looked good or bad. Games against Canada or Czech are different to score, as Games against Austria, Latvia or Germany.
But to be annouced as an Allstar in a youth Tournament, big step. To hit your best Game on the right Point at Time is hard to do.
Hope his process goes on and he work on his Game.
Is he the next Forsling? That’s a Swede joke.

Did he take a big step up? yes. He scored consistently throughout the tournament after lackluster numbers in a men’s leagues

Is he one of our best prospects? After Samos, I’d say we have a flat group with many flaws so yes

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Jansson also got two assists in Sweden's 8-7 OTL to the US in the bronze medal game.

I was able to watch almost all of his games this tournament. What a pleasant surprise he was! He had an excellent tournament offensively (7gp, 4g 6a) in what was pretty consistent scoring through the entire tournament.

He has average height (6'), but would need to put on some weight (176lbs.) to his slender build. He didn't have trouble with contact, but definitely didn't go seeking it. He definitely held his own when people hit him, but didn't really seem to initiate it.
He plays a very smart game, both offensively and defensively. Defensively he always seems in the right position and has a very active stick. This would help him with not being so physically engaged. Offensively he is also very smart. He never gets caught rushing the puck. On the power play, Sweden seem to play a 1-3-1, with him being the up top man. He always seem to hang back so there's one man back, by the obviously got fed the puck enough to get some shots. He had a quick wrister on net that never seemed to get blocked.
He is smart with skating up the puck, almost fluid like. He doesn't seem to take unnecessary strides. I would almost compare him to a Lindstrom type, but without the size and booming shot. The rest of his game seems to be modeled after him.

I would think a contract is in order when the season is over, getting him over into the North American System would be a top priority.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad