Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
This year's tournament will be shared between Moncton, New Brunswick, and Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.

The Florida Panthers have two prospects in the tournament.

Sandis Vilmanis (rd 5, #157 '22) will play for team Latvia. He is a 6 ft 1, 192 lb LW

Latvia games: (all times Eastern Standard)

December 26th, United states, 4:00 p.m.
December 27th, Switzerland, for 4:00 p.m.
December 29th, Finland, 11:00 a.m.
December 30th, Slovakia, 1:30 p.m.

Ludvig Jansson (rd 4, #125 '22) will play for team Sweden. He is a 6 foot, 176lb D.

Sweden games:

December 26th, Austria, 1:30 p.m.
December 27th, Germany, 1:30 p.m.
December 29th, Czechia, 1:30 p.m.
December 31st, Canada, 6:30 p.m.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pepe Cahones

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Based on what I know, three other prospects were the last cut of their teams. Plus the Panthers have a few prospects that are too old for the tournament.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Jansson with 3 assists, +4 in an 11-0 massacre of Austria, Vilmanis pointless, -2 in a 2-5 loss to the US, Kos with an assist, -1 in a 5-2 win over Canada.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I didn't get to watch any of this tournament yesterday, as a flu bug has gone through our house this Christmas weekend and I was in bed all yesterday throwing up like a drunken sailor.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Just watched an exciting game, as Sweden beat Germany 1-0.

Jansson was a very nice surprise, it was my first time watching him play.
He was on the top power play, he skates very well, and he held his own defensively. He also had a nice quick wrist shot from the point right on net.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Just watched an exciting game, as Sweden beat Germany 1-0.

Jansson was a very nice surprise, it was my first time watching him play.
He was on the top power play, he skates very well, and he held his own defensively. He also had a nice quick wrist shot from the point right on net.
Yeah, I said it last year. This kid is gonna be an NHLer. I think it's gonna take awhile though. He needs to get A LOT bigger and stronger.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I dozed off for most of the Latvia Switzerland game, but woke up for the overtime and shootout. Vilmanis was part of the second unit out in overtime. He had good offensive presence and carried the puck in zone for a chance to almost win the game. He hustled back and stopped a rush in the defensive Zone.
He was the fifth shooter in the shootout and chose to shoot, missing the net wide by less than an inch.
This is the report I got from the Sarnia Sting fans about a month ago, they absolutely love him!

Funny that both posters who posted reviews on him absolutely love him, but the one Negative they said is that sometimes he has a tendency to miss the net, which he did in the shootout lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Dread Clawz

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I dozed off for most of the Latvia Switzerland game, but woke up for the overtime and shootout. Vilmanis was part of the second unit out in overtime. He had good offensive presence and carried the puck in zone for a chance to almost win the game. He hustled back and stopped a rush in the defensive Zone.
He was the fifth shooter in the shootout and chose to shoot, missing the net wide by less than an inch.
This is the report I got from the Sarnia Sting fans about a month ago, they absolutely love him!

Funny that both posters who posted reviews on him absolutely love him, but the one Negative they said is that sometimes he has a tendency to miss the net, which he did in the shootout lol
Very promising reports.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Jansson with 2 goals including the OT winner in a 3-2 win over Czechia. Also chosen as best Swedish player of the game (IMO it was between him and the goalie).
We might have something in him, guys.
This is exciting: nice to see some good news on this board

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I didn't really get to watch any WJC today, but great to see Jansson having a good game.
He's having a really good tournament so far.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
And Finnish!
Finland had a bad game yesterday against the USA. However, I don't like the coach at all. In my opinion his methods are ridiculous. He wants players to count seconds with the puck. According to him, when they control the puck for x seconds, the opponent gets tired and loses 50% of attacking power.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Finland had a bad game yesterday against the USA. However, I don't like the coach at all. In my opinion his methods are ridiculous. He wants players to count seconds with the puck. According to him, when they control the puck for x seconds, the opponent gets tired and loses 50% of attacking power.
Still more logic in that than in whatever PoMo does...

• Haha
Reactions: KW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad