Prospect Info: WJC 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
What a terrible period. Hopefully eye-opener. Play that stinker there guys. But build on this.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Really underwhelming 2nd overall pick

I find that this is oftentimes the case for Canada’s really highly touted guys. Meanwhile, when there is a top 10 talent on a Finland (to a lesser degree), Switzerland, Germany, Austria, etc - they usually look the part.

I get that Byfield is the youngest guy on the team, he has a ton of potential but that’s really it for now - potential.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I don't think that excuse will be valid this year. If he is the youngest, it's by a matter of days or months. I haven't seen any dominant performance by him on the higher stage: CHL prospect game, Subway super series, Hlinka, U17, last year's U20 and this year's U20. I mean, I've watched pretty much all of those games, the tools are there but i have yet to see him put everything together when facing tougher challenges. According to the main board, he was gonna be as dominant as Lafreniere at this year's tournament. He still has time i guess.

He's the youngest by 6 or 7 months and a year younger than most. May or may not matter depending on his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad