WJC: WJC 2018 Medal predictions

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Gold- Russia
Silver- Finland
Bronze- USA

I actually see Sweden as the best team but have them losing to Canada in the 1 vs. 4 game in the QF since they always seem to lose to Canada in the knockout games.
You have Canada.......... finishing fourth in their pool? Which lower ranked team are you expecting to pass them? Slovakia? Denmark? Iceland? Nigeria? Boko Haram? Six unicorns wearing tutus?

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Gold: USA
Silver: Finland
Bronze: Sweden
4th: Canada

Best forward: Pettersson
Best defenseman: Heiskanen
Goalie: Oettinger

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I have the top 4 teams so close it's really impossibly to make any kind of reasonable guess outside of I expect it to be 3 of Canada, USA, Finland and Sweden.

I will go out of the massive limb saying I think the Czech Republic is better than Russia. And that Denmark and Belarus are close to Switzerland and Slovakia. Only 3 tiers for me this year, 4, 2 and 4.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I have the top 4 teams so close it's really impossibly to make any kind of reasonable guess outside of I expect it to be 3 of Canada, USA, Finland and Sweden.

I will go out of the massive limb saying I think the Czech Republic is better than Russia. And that Denmark and Belarus are close to Switzerland and Slovakia. Only 3 tiers for me this year, 4, 2 and 4.
I usually make a prediction on here, but as you mentioned, this year is so tight that it's an absolute toss-up. The one area I differ on is that I still think the Russians will have enough to get by the Czechs. And even if they are not as seemingly stacked as the other top teams they always seem to find a way to get it done. I think this year will be no exception.

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
Unfortunatly I think Finland will win this year. The amount of success they manage to squeeze out of mediocere roosters is impressive, this year they actually look good on paper.

USA second, their succes lately speaks for itself.

Sweden, decent rooseter with some talent to carry them to a medal but no Sisu.

Canada 4th, we all know it by now, lacks heart and thus stops competing when they are not contending for gold. Might take out some players from other teams on their way to destruction.

HM: Russia, good team but last minute doping scandal will get them banned from participating.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Unfortunatly I think Finland will win this year. The amount of success they manage to squeeze out of mediocere roosters is impressive, this year they actually look good on paper.

USA second, their succes lately speaks for itself.

Sweden, decent rooseter with some talent to carry them to a medal but no Sisu.

Canada 4th, we all know it by now, lacks heart and thus stops competing when they are not contending for gold. Might take out some players from other teams on their way to destruction.

HM: Russia, good team but last minute doping scandal will get them banned from participating.

It's amazing how people forget how bad the Fins were last year.

If you want a team that does well with not so great looking rosters it's Russia.

BTW Russia are not banned from this as it's not an Olympic event.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I'll say:

Group A:
USA
Canada
Finland
Denmark
Slovakia

Group B:
Sweden
Russia
Switzerland
Czech
Belarus*

*Relegated

USA def. Czech
Canada def. Swiss
Russia def. Finland
Sweden def. Denmark

USA def. Canada
Sweden def. Russia

Russia def. Canada
USA def. Sweden

USA - gold
Sweden - silver
Russia - bronze

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Looking at how Canada ran the Czechs out of the barn last night and beat them badly with speed and skill I think they could be a huge threat for gold.

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
Sweden
Russia
USA

Canada

Not sure if that's possible but that's how I see the teams strength wise. I think we are seriously underestimating Russia as usual. Lots of talent upfront mixed with khl experienced players we've heard little about.. Seems to always work for them

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Group A:
USA
Canada
Finland
Denmark
Slovakia

Group B:
Sweden
Russia
Czech
Switzerland
Belarus*

*Relegated

USA def. Swiss
Canada def. Czech
Finland def. Russia
Sweden def. Denmark

Canada def. USA
Sweden def. Finland

Finland def. USA
Sweden def. Canada

Sweden- gold
Canada - silver
Finland - bronze

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Looking at how Canada ran the Czechs out of the barn last night and beat them badly with speed and skill I think they could be a huge threat for gold.
Canada is always a threat for Gold. But I wouldnt put too much weight into that game. A jet-lagged Czech B-team, that is no where near finalized (0 cuts made), was never going to compete.
But that being said, Canada looks better then I thought they would..

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Group A:
USA
Canada
Finland
Denmark
Slovakia

Group B:
Sweden
Russia
Czech
Switzerland
Belarus*

*Relegated

USA def. Swiss
Canada def. Czech
Finland def. Russia
Sweden def. Denmark

Canada def. USA
Sweden def. Finland

Finland def. USA
Sweden def. Canada

Sweden- gold
Canada - silver
Finland - bronze

No way Canada will lose to Sweden in the gold game if it happens. Canada won't lose 2 gold medal games in a row on NA ice.
If it's Can vs Swe for gold, I'm putting at least $2000 on Canada to win!

Reactions: carlhockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad