WJC 2016 Discussion (seven Coyote prospects on final rosters)

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
There's also Garland, Dvorak and Fischer who are all strong candidates for team USA.

Could be an exciting WJC for Coyotes fans.

JeiJeieL

Jun 15, 2015
Kemi, Finland
I have tickets to final and bronze games. So stoked that I have chance to see Strome, Dvorak and maybe Perlini, Merkley, MacInnis and Garland in my home country.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hopefully Team USA doesn't let any OHL/NCAA garbage get in the way of MacInnis making the team.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Could be exciting indeed, if I can manage to wake up for watching the games. Finland is UTC+2 and we're UTC-7. USA plays 2 of our games at 4 p.m. Finland time and two at 8 p.m. Finland time. 7 a.m. and 11 a.m. Arizona time respectively.

I guess that's not too bad actually.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
MacInnis and Dvorak are almost guaranteed for the US squad. Fischer a maybe. Garland unlikely to get an invite to camp.

Interesting that Merkleys' linemate from Kelowna got an invite to Team Canada. He just got off the injured list today. Team Canada likes familiar pairings. Plus coach Lowry is from the WHL so he will be very familiar with the 2 of them.

Perlini, IMO, is a wildcard. His speed could serve him in a checking role or a scoring line.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The USA program hold ridiculous and petty grudges against American chl players. They care more about trying to set a precedent that US born U17 players had better go NCAA "or else" than they care about winning medals. It's pathetic.

They probably can't ignore Dvorak. Garland's insane production might save him. I fully expect Fischer and MacInnis to get snubbed.

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
The USA program hold ridiculous and petty grudges against American chl players. They care more about trying to set a precedent that US born U17 players had better go NCAA "or else" than they care about winning medals. It's pathetic.

They probably can't ignore Dvorak. Garland's insane production might save him. I fully expect Fischer and MacInnis to get snubbed.

Not sure if USA would snub Al MacInnis's son...maybe though

edit: he did play with them before too

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
USA hockey is like the vindictive spurned girlfriend

Who has three sisters younger than her, and three sisters older than her, all of whom are considerably smarter, more talented, more beautiful and more popular. And who's previous three love interests all cheated on her with younger women. And she's gained about 20 pounds in the last couple of years. And she just had a winning lottery ticket in her hands, but accidentally dropped it down a storm gutter drain. She was unable to get anyone to help her recover it, so she had to sulk back home to her lonely studio apartment and her five cats. She stops into the convenience store on the way home to pick up a couple of frozen Lean Cuisines, a tub of kitty litter, some gossip magazines, and a few gallons of ice cream when she bumps into you - her ex-boyfriend. You and your pretty wife, and your three beautiful children. Smiling and laughing perfect little family.

Team USA is her. Connor Garland is you. How she feels about you, is how Team USA feels about every American born hockey prospect who went the CHL route instead of the NCAA route.

Last edited:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Guy destroys his league two years in a row and is built for international ice, better not even invite him to camp.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Who has three sisters younger than her, and three sisters older than her, all of whom are considerably smarter, more talented, more beautiful and more popular. And who's previous three love interests all cheated on her with younger women. And she's gained about 20 pounds in the last couple of years. And she just had a winning lottery ticket in her hands, but accidentally dropped it down a storm gutter drain. She was unable to get anyone to help her recover it, so she had to sulk back home to her lonely studio apartment and her five cats. She stops into the convenience store on the way home to pick up a couple of frozen Lean Cuisines, a tub of kitty litter, some gossip magazines, and a few gallons of ice cream when she bumps into you - her ex-boyfriend. You and your pretty wife, and your three beautiful children. Smiling and laughing perfect little family.

Team USA is her. Connor Garland is you. How she feels about you, is how Team USA feels about every American born hockey prospect who went the CHL route instead of the NCAA route.

Beautiful.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

Welcome to USA hockey, Garland. ****en ********. Not even an invite to camp. I hope he takes it and runs with it, rather than being slighted and losing confidence.

That's gotta hurt though, no matter what the says.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad