Prospect Info: WJC 2015 Part II

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I actually thought DLR was easily one of the best players on team Sweden. Dominant defensively and made a lot of good things happen. If he played with better offensive players or in any offensive situations, we'd see more production.

To be honest Buddy, he sucked pretty hard. No excuses for his poor gameplay.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
To be honest Buddy, he sucked pretty hard. No excuses for his poor gameplay.

And what was poor about his gameplay? He was a stud defensively and just about only played in defensive situations. He wasn't great offensively but created a lot of turnovers and did a good job retaining possession. Put him in offensive situations with good offensive players and he'd produce and he wouldn't look like he "sucked hard", Buddy. More than just stats.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
And what was poor about his gameplay? He was a stud defensively and just about only played in defensive situations. He wasn't great offensively but created a lot of turnovers and did a good job retaining possession. Put him in offensive situations with good offensive players and he'd produce and he wouldn't look like he "sucked hard", Buddy. More than just stats.
It's the World Juniors, if he can't produce whatsoever in defensive assignments against kids, how's he going to do in the NHL?

No one has ever doubted his defensively ability, but without an offensive game developing, he's going to gave a hard time sticking in the league. I love DLR, but that was an awful tournament.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Did anyone see what Reway said earlier this week about wanting his next hat trick at the Bell Centre to be in a Canadiens jersey?

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
If we are judging our prospects exclusively by this WJC, then Reway is making the NHL and DLR and Lehkonen are not.

Of course it's not that simple, but yeah, quite frankly I'm not optimistic about any of our prospects that played in the WJC this year, and DLR is easily the safest.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
If we are judging our prospects exclusively by this WJC, then Reway is making the NHL and DLR and Lehkonen are not.

Of course it's not that simple, but yeah, quite frankly I'm not optimistic about any of our prospects that played in the WJC this year, and DLR is easily the safest.
Reway will play in the NHL.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
USA and Russia need to take a page out of Slovakia's book, no Habs prospect = no win. Reway single handedly won Slovakia a bronze medal :yo:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
USA and Russia need to take a page out of Slovakia's book, no Habs prospect = no win. Reway single handedly won Slovakia a bronze medal :yo:
No he didn't. He was a huge part of it, along with Godla, but that whole team left everything they had on the ice. It's a team game.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
How was Lehkonen?

He only scored one goal. But did anybody get to see him play?

Going into the tournament, I had our small prospects ranked as follows:

Lehknonen
Andrighetto/Hudon (tie)
Reway
Audette
Thomas

Now it's

Andrighetto/Hudon (tie)
Reway
Lehkonen
Audette
Thomas

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Bergevin seemed to insist that Lehkonen could still be suffering from the after-effects of the mononucleosis he suffered at the end of the summer which caused a considerable weight loss.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Bergevin seemed to insist that Lehkonen could still be suffering from the after-effects of the mononucleosis he suffered at the end of the summer which caused a considerable weight loss.

Well then Bergevin needs to follow his own team's slogan..

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Guess the final price.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Connor-McDav...107095009&rk=1&rkt=4&mehot=pp&sd=161532625258

Screen-Shot-2015-01-05-at-10.23.09-AM-1024x529.png

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
I actually thought DLR was easily one of the best players on team Sweden. Dominant defensively and made a lot of good things happen. If he played with better offensive players or in any offensive situations, we'd see more production.

Hope to see that with the Bulldogs when he goes back.

Or call him up and play him with Plekanec.

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
I'd love the Habs to take a look at Jaros and Rantanen. I think Rantanen is probably going ahead of our pick but just remembering those two really stood out to me on their respective clubs [Slovakia/Finland] as a cut above, both eligible in this draft. Jaros was a defensive zone beast I felt, it got to the point I was like "Jaros again? My god" he was just impressing me over and over. Big man, defensive position and stick work was exceptional, strong and solid skater, no idea on his stock though as he went undrafted and people say scouts are wary of judging on the WJC alone but I wonder if and when a team might pick him up this year.

It's Rantanen's first year and I think he was a mid 1st rounder projection and I think the tourny certainly would only help his stock too so he might be too much to expect to be around for our first. Assuming we you know destroy and win the cup which we obviously will... right guys...? S Bah..?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad