Prospect Info: WJC 2015 Part II

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Classy by Reway to raise the trophy with the whole team.

I'm a fan.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Strange from the Swedish management as far as their top 3 guys of the tournament. DLR worked hard but didn't come close to what Nylander is all about. And yet....I guess it's some kind of message to Nylander based on his last 2 games despite the goal today. But you go on and elect the C and the 2 A's as players of the tournament for what will be seen as a big failure is kinda odd....

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Strange from the Swedish management as far as their top 3 guys of the tournament. DLR worked hard but didn't come close to what Nylander is all about. And yet....I guess it's some kind of message to Nylander based on his last 2 games despite the goal today. But you go on and elect the C and the 2 A's as players of the tournament for what will be seen as a big failure is kinda odd....

Nylander caused awful turnovers and didnt back check , DLR played solid in both ends and was huge for Sweden's PK exactly the player coaches love.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Congrats to Slovakia, big tournament for them

tough group A next year

@coreypronman
Groups for next year will be: (A) Winner of GMG SWE USA DEN SUI (B) Loser of GMG SVK CZE FIN Belarus.

De La Rose among the top 3 players for Sweden, Reway for Slovakia
Think the DLR pick was a respect thing for the Captains.

No way he was in the top-3 for Sweden. In fact, I'm not even sure he was in the Top-10. Awful tournament.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Nylander caused awful turnovers and didnt back check , DLR played solid in both ends and was huge for Sweden's PK exactly the player coaches love.

You're talking about "both ends", I didn't see a whole lot of offensive end. Reway wasn't a model of a defensive game. But then contrary to Nylander, he brought it when it counted the most. Don't worry.....I just hope Nylander never do anything at the NHL level (which I doubt...very very much...), but for a context of that tournament, if Nylander isn't there, they don't even have a chance to play for the Bronze.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Go make a trade thread Value of: Reway and say 1st+Nylander :sarcasm:

Time for Habs fans that just know Reway is even a thing for one whole week to go and troll Leafs fans and the Swede that's been haunting their hottest dreams for months.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
just caught the last 3rd period but my god Reway was on every 2nd shift. Created endless turnovers (on the defensive end). Brilliant play on the ENer, very nice pass on the GWG.

I didn't know if captains usually wait not too raise the trophy till his teammates are around it but I thought that was really really classy. All he kept doing was tweeting about all the wins were team efforts. No small thing captaining an under dog team like that to bronze. That coupled with the going to the Czech league to support his family act might just shed his attitude problems in a different light.

You can still see reasons why he can't make it but still coming through on the big stage while being the only real offensive weapon on your team is pretty impressive. Very easy for the other team just to concentrate on him but he still came through. Very very pleased.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
Reway seemed a bit frustrated and/or tired to me last 2 games compared to his previous performances. Anyway, great offensive instincts and just wonderful passes. He needs to sort out some easy turnouvers and lazy passes. But his skill and hockey IQ is just unbelievable.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Reway seemed a bit frustrated and/or tired to me last 2 games compared to his previous performances. Anyway, great offensive instincts and just wonderful passes. He needs to sort out some easy turnouvers and lazy passes. But his skill and hockey IQ is just unbelievable.

Team Canada chirped him from the puck drop. He was clearly playing with a target on his back.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Think the DLR pick was a respect thing for the Captains.

No way he was in the top-3 for Sweden. In fact, I'm not even sure he was in the Top-10. Awful tournament.

That's clearly another way to see this and surely the right way. They didn't care about those nominations and wanted to salute the C's and A's. But DLR had a bad tournament.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Reway wowed me. I dont had great expectations for him previously. It was a homerun pick trying to get a top 6 forward or nothing and honestly with a bigger team in the future, he can get a shot. He's IQ, puck control, skating and passing ability were above a lot ahead of great players in the tournament.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I actually thought DLR was easily one of the best players on team Sweden. Dominant defensively and made a lot of good things happen. If he played with better offensive players or in any offensive situations, we'd see more production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad