Prospect Info: WJC 2015 Part II

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Guess the final price.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Connor-McDav...107095009&rk=1&rkt=4&mehot=pp&sd=161532625258

Screen-Shot-2015-01-05-at-10.23.09-AM-1024x529.png

guessing this guy is the highest bidder:
Herbert.JPG

17 year old boy sweat mmm. Sweet Jesus.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Or so rich that they don't care. Does the money go to charity?

yup.

All net proceeds raised through this auction will go to the Hockey Canada Foundation, creating greater access, awareness and funding that supports grassroots hockey initiatives in Canada.

Hockey Canada Authentics: Hockey Canada is the governing body for amateur hockey in Canada, as well as Canada’s men’s, women’s and sledge teams that compete on the international stage. In cooperation with 13 branch associations, Hockey Canada is a not-for-profit sport organization that oversees the management of hockey programming, from entry-level to international competition.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
depending on how the draft shakes out in June, we are slated to have 0 prospects at the wjc's in Finland in 2016. Granted as of now we hold a pick in all 7 rounds (unless Leblanc gets called up and plays 15 games) but that could likely change by the trade deadline. Audette I assume would get a look at the summer camp but not sure I see him making the cut. Koberstein and Evans are the only prospects currently that would be eligible for the 2016 draft and I don't see either of making Team Canada of course.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
depending on how the draft shakes out in June, we are slated to have 0 prospects at the wjc's in Finland in 2016. Granted as of now we hold a pick in all 7 rounds (unless Leblanc gets called up and plays 15 games) but that could likely change by the trade deadline. Audette I assume would get a look at the summer camp but not sure I see him making the cut. Koberstein and Evans are the only prospects currently that would be eligible for the 2016 draft and I don't see either of making Team Canada of course.

scherbak?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

How does that work? Couldn't Scherbak be eligible since he'd be 20 after the tournament had started?

For Evans....well true...totally an outsider. As in he won't be there. Unless he destroys the NCAA with at least 1.5 point per game till the last camp. Though, if he continues his trend....why not have him at summer camp? What he's doing is pretty great.

I don't see Audette there. Geez, I think Evans has more chances than him and he doesn't have a whole lot of chances....

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
How does that work? Couldn't Scherbak be eligible since he'd be 20 after the tournament had started?

For Evans....well true...totally an outsider. As in he won't be there. Unless he destroys the NCAA with at least 1.5 point per game till the last camp. Though, if he continues his trend....why not have him at summer camp? What he's doing is pretty great.

I don't see Audette there. Geez, I think Evans has more chances than him and he doesn't have a whole lot of chances....

Scherbak is playing his 19 year old season. The late birthday thing only affects his NHL status, doesn't affect your minor league, junior or international hockey status.

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto

Need to have some prospects in the WJC, makes the Holidays bright!

Been a standout prospect to watch every year in recent times.
2009-Subban
2010-Kristo
2011-Leblanc
2012-Gallagher
2013-Galchenyuk
2014-Reway
2015-Fucale

Timmins needs to target a few guys who will be there for sure.

CZE - D Jakub Zboril - 1st round
SWI - LW Timo Meier - 2nd
FIN - LW Roope Hintz - 3rd
SVK - D Christian Jaros - 4th round
FIN - C Julius Nattinen - 5th
SVK RW Radovan Bondra - 6th
SVK D Erik Cernak - 7th

and then sign Denis Godla as a free agent!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
scherbak?

not eligible

don't see why Evans would even get a sniff of summer camp, I don't think what he's doing is all that impressive. At least Audette should be in the subway series (or whatever they are calling it, having watched it in a long time)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
don't see why Evans would even get a sniff of summer camp, I don't think what he's doing is all that impressive. At least Audette should be in the subway series (or whatever they are calling it, having watched it in a long time)

Well like I said, he doesn't have a whole lot of chances unless he starts being a PPG and be 1.5 per game start of next year. But even if he starts at the same trend, Why I think it's somewhat impressive is that it's pretty rare that a 18 year old freshman has the number of points he has right now. Mind you, 4th round Boston pick Danton Heinen is even more impressive right now and even him might not even be thought about. But as a 7th rounder, as a guy who started the season really slow with not a lot of opportunities. In a league when freshmen are easily put aside for guys older.....he has done pretty well so far. That's why I say it's impressive. Not because he's Jack Eichel light. He's not. But playing with a defense first team like Notre-Dame that has his best scorer to be a D, with only 5 more points than Evans.....I think it's pretty good.

beaverBFP

Dec 24, 2008
Winnipeg
Need to have some prospects in the WJC, makes the Holidays bright!

Been a standout prospect to watch every year in recent times.
2009-Subban
2010-Kristo
2011-Leblanc
2012-Gallagher
2013-Galchenyuk
2014-Reway
2015-Fucale

Timmins needs to target a few guys who will be there for sure.

CZE - D Jakub Zboril - 1st round
SWI - LW Timo Meier - 2nd
FIN - LW Roope Hintz - 3rd
SVK - D Christian Jaros - 4th round
FIN - C Julius Nattinen - 5th
SVK RW Radovan Bondra - 6th
SVK D Erik Cernak - 7th

and then sign Denis Godla as a free agent!

I was at the games in Toronto, Meier impressed me! Seemed like the second best player on Switzerland behind Fiala.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Well like I said, he doesn't have a whole lot of chances unless he starts being a PPG and be 1.5 per game start of next year. But even if he starts at the same trend, Why I think it's somewhat impressive is that it's pretty rare that a 18 year old freshman has the number of points he has right now. Mind you, 4th round Boston pick Danton Heinen is even more impressive right now and even him might not even be thought about. But as a 7th rounder, as a guy who started the season really slow with not a lot of opportunities. In a league when freshmen are easily put aside for guys older.....he has done pretty well so far. That's why I say it's impressive. Not because he's Jack Eichel light. He's not. But playing with a defense first team like Notre-Dame that has his best scorer to be a D, with only 5 more points than Evans.....I think it's pretty good.

Evans had 5 pts in his first 6 games though 4 of those points were picked up against Niagara University. I guess for a 7th round pick his numbers are somewhat impressive for a true freshman. Overall though he's on pace for around 24 pts on the year which isn't bad as it's around the numbers Dustin Walsh (169th overall) would have put up on a pro rated basis since the Ivy league plays less games and he missed time to injury. It's also around the level Mark MacMillan (113th overall) put up but of course he wasn't a true freshman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad