GDT: "With the _____ Overall in the 16 NHL Draft the Leafs are Proud to Select..." 8PM CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Worst case scenario:

1 Montreal
2 Boston
3 Ottawa
4 Toronto picks Felhaber

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
I will be pretty much equally thrilled at #1 or #2.

In a perfect world, Toronto gets #1 and Arizona #2 and they work a trade to somehow get Strome and the 2nd overall for Matthews + whatever (Pitts 1st, Kapanen etc.. Just nothing huge).

FYI my worst would be Ottawa, Edmonton and Boston/Habs.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
We are getting a top 4 talent, something that wouldn't have happened with any kind of late season surge to try to make the playoffs. No 9th place finish this year. No trading assists to make a push for the playoffs. The leafs did all they could, they came in dead last. Can't be disappointed because it's beyond anyone's control now. Fate wields her hand today. We will know if fate smiles on the Leafs, or scowls miserably.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I haven't run the simulator until this morning. Ran it 5 times....Leafs draft 1st 3 times and 2nd twice....

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Going into lottery knowing we will get screwed. Then hoping Stamkos makes it right.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I haven't read alot about how the lottery is going to work....is it 1 ping pong ball....or a group of them that will be dropped?

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Great GDT - good luck to you Daisy, to myself, to every Leaf fan out there. Rally caps, lucky rabbit's feet, wear that lucky Leafs jersey that brings us a win; think positive good thoughts. Do the workout today, not tomorrow, eat healthy this morning, call your mom and tell her you love her. Help a neighbor, kiss your wife, husband, boyfriend girlfriend or whatever for no good reason. Give your pet an extra ration today.
Be good, do right.

Let's give ourselves all the luck, karma and positivity we can, and no matter what we'll do great.

Let's have a great day Leafs Nation!

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
I haven't read alot about how the lottery is going to work....is it 1 ping pong ball....or a group of them that will be dropped?

14 balls... every teams percentage is the amount of combinations

So leafs have 200 combinations, edmonton has 135 and so on... 11,12,13,14 is a combination that forces redraw

If a team wins, their combinations if won again forces another redraw

Here's a simulator

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/lottery.html

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
My first, last and only draw on the Lottery Simulator today:

1. Leafs
2. Buffalo
(then had to do a redraw for third)
3. Canadiens

Which brings me to the whole re-draw thing . . . wouldn't it be classic DRAMA to have a re-draw or two for that first pick as everyone was sweating it out?!? Man, that would be funny . . .

We're doing this!

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
My first, last and only draw on the Lottery Simulator today:

1. Leafs
2. Buffalo
(then had to do a redraw for third)
3. Canadiens

Which brings me to the whole re-draw thing . . . wouldn't it be classic DRAMA to have a re-draw or two for that first pick as everyone was sweating it out?!? Man, that would be funny . . .

We're doing this!

They don't show the lottery until after... we only see the results live (when the company hands the winners to daly to announce on CBC)

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
They don't show the lottery until after... we only see the results live (when the company hands the winners to daly to announce on CBC)

But I think we'd know of a 'delay' in the results, if there was a re-draw.

So it'll be Bill Daly giving the draw results, announcing it live?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
14 balls... every teams percentage is the amount of combinations

So leafs have 200 combinations, edmonton has 135 and so on... 11,12,13,14 is a combination that forces redraw

If a team wins, their combinations if won again forces another redraw

Here's a simulator

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/lottery.html

Ok, thanks. Ran this simulator 1 time:

1st=Leafs
2nd=Habs

Redraw for 3rd

3r=Sabres

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015
Thanks for the thread Daisy! No matter where we pick it will be a great player! I can see us trying to get a second pic in the top 10 this year! If there ever was a time in our drafting history to do this, this is the time!

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
WHAT IS THE DRAFT LOTTERY? A weighted system implemented and utilized to determine the order of selection in the first round of the 2016 NHL Draft, which takes place June 24-25 at the First Niagara Center in Buffalo.

WHEN DOES IT HAPPEN? Saturday, April 30, 7 p.m. ET.

WHERE WILL IT TAKE PLACE? The winner will be revealed at the Hockey Central studio inside CBC headquarters in downtown Toronto.

WHERE CAN I WATCH IT? Prior to puck drop for a marquee second-round series game on CBC, starting at 7 p.m. ET.

Laine closes gap on Matthews atop TSN draft rankings

http://www.tsn.ca/laine-closes-gap-on-matthews-atop-tsn-draft-rankings-1.478128

A 2016 NHL Draft Lottery rundown

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=880678&navid=DL|TOR|home

2016 NHL Draft Lottery to be held April 30 in Toronto

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-draft-lottery-format-details/c-280501578

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
oh thanks to that last link there, i can confirm the lottery simulator was in fact using the actual lottery numbers... noice

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
me RN:
OLvk88I.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad