GDT: "With the _____ Overall in the 16 NHL Draft the Leafs are Proud to Select..." 8PM CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
201516-Lottery-Full-Background.jpg

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Lao Tzu

This was set into motion April 13th, 2015 - When our esteemed President stood in front of the Toronto Media and basically told the world - he was flat out done with the excuses and the crap that went with our organization, and we were building towards better and amazing things.

The first real jewel in the Shanaplan Crown was Mitch Marner*, drafted 4th overall in 2015. The Toronto Maple Leafs had a 9.5 percent of drafting first.

"“If you think there’s no pain coming, there’s pain coming." Mike Babcock, May 20th, 2015.

That was the mantra of the organization. This is what we consoled ourselves through countless games of losing by a single goal, never winning a game after trailing by two.... basically having a miserable season - except for a bright period of time when we saw a glimpse of what the Shanaplan was all about - speed, puck possession, excitement, playing hard, tenacious, and all that jazz..

“There’s no question you have to build a foundation before you can go anywhere,†he added. “Yes it could be slow, there could be more pain, because there could be more subtraction than addition to get that foundation, to get the right culture going forward.†- Lou Lamoriello - July 23rd.

All of that - lead to this.
The Toronto Maple Leafs, finishing 30th overall.
20% chance at landing the 1st overall - a place they haven't drafted in over 30 years.

Daly_lotteryballs-770x470.jpg

And now tonight shows where in fact, we do Draft.

4th seems to be part of the assumption. We are never lucky, we never win anything, it is the Leafy way. Why hope?

Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us. Samuel Smiles

We may draft 4th. It could be one of these three
matthew_tkachuk_london_knights.jpg
pierre_luc_dubois_cape_breton.jpg
jakob_chychrun_sarnia_sting.jpg

but the Leafs are turning corners, and changing the way we think and feel about ourselves as fans, and as an organization and where we stand in the world.

It might be Three...

kolmistaan_jokaisessa_meissa_pitaisi_asua.jpg

It could be two....

patrik_laine_tappara.jpg

But like our new symbol honours both the past and the future, and hope..

MHC-TMLLogo-020216.jpg

. Let's just shoot for the stars. It very easily, could be since this guy...

ClarkMapleLeafsDraftPick.jpg

that the Toronto Maple Leafs on the last weekend of June, is proud to select from the ZSC Lions from the Swiss Elite League..... well. This guy. First.

auston_matthews_zsc_lions.jpg

and wouldn't that be grand?

Go Leafs Go.

This article should answer any questions you may have about the way the lottery works with percentages and an explanation of the system they will be using with the 4 balls. I'm sure many don't care how it's done but this is the best article I can find on the subject. Read the whole article if you want or scroll near the bottom for the percentages through the 3 lotteries and the procedure explanation... http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/...-crazy-process ...

STREAM: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/watch-live-nhl-draft-lottery/

Schedule: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChUcNRtUYAAhprw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I am really hoping for the best and for me it's either 1st or 2nd OA

Thanks Daisy

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Well, this is Toronto sports we're talking about... so sadly, the Leafs will probably fall to 4th and the Raps will complete the blowing of the 3-2 series lead and lose on Sunday because Toronto. We can never have nice things.

That said, maybe I'm just angry after tonight's pathetic display.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
4th overall , Tkachuk.

What's even worse is that Montreal or Ottawa will draft first.:help:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Less than 2 months until the draft ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NHL_Entry_Draft

The 2016 NHL Entry Draft will be the 54th NHL Entry Draft. The draft will be held from June 24–25, 2016 at the First Niagara Center in Buffalo, New York

Eligibility[edit]

Ice hockey players born between January 1, 1996, and September 15, 1998, are eligible for selection in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft. Additionally, un-drafted, non-North American players born in 1995 are eligible for the draft; and those players who were drafted in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, but not signed by an NHL team and who were born after June 30, 1996, are also eligible to re-enter the draft.[2]

Draft lottery[edit]

Since the 2012–13 NHL season all fourteen teams not qualifying for the Stanley Cup playoffs have a "weighted" chance at winning the first overall selection.[3] Beginning with the 2014–15 NHL season the NHL changed the weighting system that was used in previous years. Under the new system the odds of winning the draft lottery for the four lowest finishing teams in the league decreased, while the odds for the other non-playoff teams increased.[4] Starting with this draft the first three picks overall will be awarded by lottery. The odds of winning the second and third draws will increase on a proportional basis depending on which team won the previous draw.[4] The draft lottery will take place on April 30, 2016.[5]

canadon

Jun 25, 2015
Vaughan, ON
This is the day we have been waiting for for months guys. The day that can decide the fate of The Maple Leafs for years to come. Let's set our expectations low but hope for the best!

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Ran a bunch of simulations...

Most common team to win 1st overall? The damned Edmonton Oilers again.

Not to mention a roll where I got Edmonton, Montreal and Ottawa as the top 3 :cry:

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
I'm at a point where I'm pretty desperate for a top 2 pick. Quite honestly, I'll be just as elated with #2 OA as I would be with #1. I don't particularly want Puljujarvi. I absolutely don't want Tkachuk. I would feel pretty good if we walked away with Dubois or Chychrun, but man oh man, if we're fortunate enough to nab Matthews or Laine I don't think I'd be able to control myself.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Finally to this point. In another day will at least know where we are picking.

Things have been pretty different with a solid and intelligent management group running the show. They have gotten a lot of key guys to guide this team forward, drafted well last year, and I have full confidence in Hunter's choices going ahead. But this is something that I can't put faith in.....luck.

Is probably best to expect 4th, though I hate to do it. Will cross my fingers and hope for the best. Anything higher than 4 would be pretty incredible.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
If two of any of these four, Winnipeg, Montreal, Ottawa, Edmonton, win the lottery and we're not apart of it, then it's going to be the worst feeling I've had since game 7.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Its at 7 right? On tsn or sn?

The fan 590 will have it too right

Just need to be prepared just in case im not home

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Hoping for 2nd to take laine. For me I want laine and Stamkos. I think Marner Stamkos and laine Nylander would be deadly duos.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Hoping for the best and expecting the worst to avoid disappointment, but I did that last year too and was still upset about not getting McDavid for a while.

Please just get a top 2 pick. For once, have things go our way just a bit.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Well, this is Toronto sports we're talking about... so sadly, the Leafs will probably fall to 4th and the Raps will complete the blowing of the 3-2 series lead and lose on Sunday because Toronto. We can never have nice things.

That said, maybe I'm just angry after tonight's pathetic display.

I know for a fact that the Raps will manage to lose in absolute heart breaking fashion on Sunday. If the Leafs fall to 4th, it'll be one of the worst weekends in Toronto sports' history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad