Confirmed with Link: With the #80 pick, the Wild select Louis Belpedio (Signed to 2-Year ELC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
After a handful of pro games has Belpedio passed Menell on the depth chart? He had a good 1st NHL game, but it was more of a friendly/scrimmage game than we normally see over an 82 game season.

I think Soucy passes Olofsson next year on your list.

Didn't mean it as a ranking necessarily. But I think Belpedio probably is ahead of Menell. Teams tend to like the guys they draft, but Belpedio is also a bit older, more pedigreed. Menell started great and fell off a bit as the season went on. Anyhow having a couple guys who can play with the puck is good by me.

Olofsson might be trade bait at this point. Not sure that's wise, since we haven't seen much of Soucy really. But Soucy's brief performance was encouraging - we'll see if he draws in in the next week or so.

If Olofsson is out, they could probably use another veteran LD for insurance. (Given how the Quincey experience went, maybe Fletch stands pat until waiver wire season next fall.)

Seeler is likely motivated to sign but I think his price has gone up quite a bit lately (has arbitration rights too I believe).

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Didn't mean it as a ranking necessarily. But I think Belpedio probably is ahead of Menell. Teams tend to like the guys they draft, but Belpedio is also a bit older, more pedigreed. Menell started great and fell off a bit as the season went on. Anyhow having a couple guys who can play with the puck is good by me.

Olofsson might be trade bait at this point. Not sure that's wise, since we haven't seen much of Soucy really. But Soucy's brief performance was encouraging - we'll see if he draws in in the next week or so.

If Olofsson is out, they could probably use another veteran LD for insurance. (Given how the Quincey experience went, maybe Fletch stands pat until waiver wire season next fall.)

Seeler is likely motivated to sign but I think his price has gone up quite a bit lately (has arbitration rights too I believe).

I don't know, Reilly had 46 NHL games (over 2 seasons) and only got the $725k for 2 years. Seeler only has 22 right now.

Olofsson had 17 and he got the same as Reilly.

I certainly wouldn't expect over a million for multiple years.

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
I am just glad they got the deal done - all the handwringing about Louis and Jordan was for naught.

College draftees have given the Wild some great depth. great way to defer contracts and cap.

Not so much for forwards tho

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I am just glad they got the deal done - all the handwringing about Louis and Jordan was for naught.

College draftees have given the Wild some great depth. great way to defer contracts and cap.

Not so much for forwards tho

Sam Anas - 60 points in 68 games with Iowa this season!

He'll get his shot next season. Looking forward to seeing him.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad